ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi Dinesh...

After getting the scroll work and using it for couple of days, I now see another issue with the driver. Keyboard and mouse stop working after wake from sleep and this happens for me 3-4 times a day. And also after logout and wake from sleep, when I press the key to enter password  then automatically the key strokes are entered in password field without pressing any key. 

Many Thanks :)

Did your usb ports working after wake from sleep? Can you try GenericUSB from here: https://code.google.com/p/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/list

And look if your problem is fixed.

The Elan kext does not seem to work for my Asus N56VB. Is there a simple fix I can perform?

1st: elan kext doesn't work with voodoo kext... you need to remove voodoo.

Secound: if its not working too, open console, search for "elan" and post here the output!

Cheers :-)

Thanks for your reply.Yes I'm already using that kext and my USB do work :)

Thanks for your reply.Yes I'm already using that kext and my USB do work :)

Okay, thats strange, can you plugin external mouse and keyboard, and post the "elan" console logs after wakeup?

just make a sleep and wake, open console and search for "elan" and post here the output, or don't search and post the whole log file after wakeup :-) (as zip)

Cheers :-)

Hello EMlyDinEsH I wanted to thank you for your magnificent work with this driver but I'm having a problem, does this driver supposed to work only in verbose mode cause that's the only way i can get it working. Thanks in advance 

Nope! :-)

Try to download Kext Utility, and run it once to rebuild everything... and you can install with kext utility the driver :-)

Chhers :-)

Hello EMlyDinEsH I wanted to thank you for your magnificent work with this driver but I'm having a problem, does this driver supposed to work only in verbose mode cause that's the only way i can get it working. Thanks in advance 

What is notebook model and your touchpad hardware version? Send me your system log and an ioreg file so i can take a look.

Hi Dinesh...

After getting the scroll work and using it for couple of days, I now see another issue with the driver. Keyboard and mouse stop working after wake from sleep and this happens for me 3-4 times a day. And also after logout and wake from sleep, when I press the key to enter password  then automatically the key strokes are entered in password field without pressing any key. 

Many Thanks :)

Well, sleep issue could be related to OSX power management issues which might have took long time to restore from sleep and my driver might have failed to enable the touchpad. Try the new version i'm going to release today and let me know.

EMlyDinEsH thanks for your reply my notebook is samsung ativ book 4 NP470R5E as for the touchpad verion and the logs you need can you please tell me how to get those? there is another driver from you that im using bluetooth firmware uploader that also only works on verbose mode thank you very much for your hard work.

hi sir.

installed your great kext on my Asus-k42jc with Elan touchpad laptop Niresh Mavericks OSX installed.

but with some problems

these keys are already enabled even without pressing the function key.

hard for me to type sentences. one thing also the right click of the pad is same as the left.

hope you can debug and fix them.

thanks for your hardwork.

DSC01829_zps0b697912.jpg

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I also have the same issue on my Asus K43SV. I have tried both v3.5 and v3.3. Still the issue persists.

What are those keys does by default for you? My driver has fn key mode which makes the F1-F12 work as Fn keys, so please read  my keyboard features thread for details.

Function keys Fn1-Fn11 does not work If i press the function key with them. The OP, has highlighted the keys which originally input the repective alphabets in white. Holding the function key along with the keys OP has mentioned is supposed to input numbers, a substitute by asus for the number pad.

Suppose I want to type the word google.com, by default when your driver is installed what I get is g66g3e.c/0 . If i press the function key while typing I get google.com typed in correctly. It makes the inbuilt keyboard unusable. I tried replacing the ps2keyboard kext with original one from myhack, then the touchpad stops working completely. Voodoops2 does not work at all for me. Even after removies acpips2nub I end up getting kernal panics. So I guess I will go back to using my external mouse now. :P

So I guess the issue me and the OP has is that the function key is enganged by default, and normal alphabets can be enetered only if I manually press the function key. Any ideas to solve this? Can I do some tweaks in the info.plist, of appleps2keyboard.kext?

Thanks for your efforts though. Its good to see a working touchpad. Hope this issue can be solved.

EMlyDinEsH thanks for your reply my notebook is samsung ativ book 4 NP470R5E as for the touchpad verion and the logs you need can you please tell me how to get those? there is another driver from you that im using bluetooth firmware uploader that also only works on verbose mode thank you very much for your hard work.

Here are the files you requested thanks again

You have v3 hardware according to the logs, can you try the new version 3.5 and let me know the status again? PM me if you still have issue so i can debug.