ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

hi, I'm running on v 3.5 and have a V3 Elan Touchpad. My laptop is Asus A43SJ.

I've got a problem with the v3.5 driver, as my right click button and three-tap click are no longer working. by using KeyRemap4Macbook's Event Viewer, seems that pressing right click button on touchpad sends Control_L + Click.. not the proper right click one.

anyway, the touchpad works perfectly when I'm using v2.8.3

thanks for the great work :D

Sorry, I forgot to mention about the dsdt patch required for the Asus keyboard backlight to work. There is a new version coming next week and i'll add the patch required for the asus keyboard backlight so you can test.

Thank EMlyDinEsH, for now I'm using AsusNBFnKeys.kext for adjust keyboard backlight, it work well.
I've another question, before the update I could switch with 1 finger, in the browser for example, to return to the previous page.
Now it don't work, what must I change in the info.plist for enable this function? 

Thank very much. With your help my hackintosh is perfect. ;) 

You need to set the KeyboardNumLockOn to false in pilst which toggles your Fn key mode. 

It works and helps me to type properly. However it disables my Fn1 to Fn12 special functions also. But that is something I can live with, if my touchpad is working. Thanks EMlyDinEsH for the great kext!

Hi EMlyDinEsH, Thanks for all your support getting this driver, I like to report one issue with this kext version 3.5 and V4 physical button text selection. If I press the left button and start to do some text selection when I reach the edge with the first finger move and without releasing the left button I make a second move on the touchpad to continue with the selection I get the text selection reset and start over again. I disable one finger tap to avoid the second move on the touchpad gets detected as left click but no luck. Only way to select this amount of text is enable left clic to release dragging.

I hope you can help with this issue.

And I also like to know how does the new keyboard backlight feature integrated in this version works, I mean I have keyboard backlight working but with the AsusNBFnKeys kext. What do I need to get this to work.

Thank youu!!

I've got a problem with the v3.5 driver, as my right click button and three-tap click are no longer working. by using KeyRemap4Macbook's Event Viewer, seems that pressing right click button on touchpad sends Control_L + Click.. not the proper right click one.

Can you try Version 3.6? And report again?

Thank EMlyDinEsH, for now I'm using AsusNBFnKeys.kext for adjust keyboard backlight, it work well.
I've another question, before the update I could switch with 1 finger, in the browser for example, to return to the previous page.
Now it don't work, what must I change in the info.plist for enable this function? 

Thank very much. With your help my hackintosh is perfect. ;)

In Version 3.6 you can Enable Edge Swipes and disable specific ones with "0", simply adjust to left edge swipe "11" and for rightedgeswipe "12"

Hi EMlyDinEsH, Thanks for all your support getting this driver, I like to report one issue with this kext version 3.5 and V4 physical button text selection. If I press the left button and start to do some text selection when I reach the edge with the first finger move and without releasing the left button I make a second move on the touchpad to continue with the selection I get the text selection reset and start over again. I disable one finger tap to avoid the second move on the touchpad gets detected as left click but no luck. Only way to select this amount of text is enable left clic to release dragging.

I hope you can help with this issue.

And I also like to know how does the new keyboard backlight feature integrated in this version works, I mean I have keyboard backlight working but with the AsusNBFnKeys kext. What do I need to get this to work.

Thank youu!!

Download version 3.6, go into plugins/ApplePs2Keyboard/Context/info.plist customize your FN Modes (disable keyboard backlight in asusNBFN kext (info.plist))

Customize your idle timeout in ApplePs2Elan kext (info.plist) and enjoy your Keyboard backlight with automatic off/on and everything else :-)

(Its new in v3.6) (don't forget to disable kb backlight in asusnbfn kext, if you not do this, you can get problems)

Cheers :-)

Hey!

I'm using a Acer Aspire M5-481PT-6851 and it has the Elan Touchpad thing. I'm having some issues with it, actually. The only multigesture command i can do on it is three fingers up and it opens Launchpad. Other than that, most of them don't even work, like two finger scrolling or anything. I can't open mission control, nothing.

I don't really know if that's a known issue or not, but i hope it gets fixed or i get support around here. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm using version 3.5, the latest one, on Mavericks (10.9.1)

Can you try Version 3.6? And report again?

In Version 3.6 you can Enable Edge Swipes and disable specific ones with "0", simply adjust to left edge swipe "11" and for rightedgeswipe "12"

Download version 3.6, go into plugins/ApplePs2Keyboard/Context/info.plist customize your FN Modes (disable keyboard backlight in asusNBFN kext (info.plist))

Customize your idle timeout in ApplePs2Elan kext (info.plist) and enjoy your Keyboard backlight with automatic off/on and everything else :-)

(Its new in v3.6) (don't forget to disable kb backlight in asusnbfn kext, if you not do this, you can get problems)

Cheers :-)

Hey, I can't find any version 3.6 did you mean 3.5??

Thanks!!

Yes, i use Control + Click for right click because using the right Click of mouse API requires the right click to be released by touched and won't work if its disabled by external USB mouse. Also its creating so many issues, so i moved to this control + click which is under the OSX for release. So, my driver requires Left Control key to be active  for one modifier key, if it not then right click will not work. 

Btw, why do you use key4Remap? If you let me know your need for this then i can help you to solve this.

Hey!

I'm using a Acer Aspire M5-481PT-6851 and it has the Elan Touchpad thing. I'm having some issues with it, actually. The only multigesture command i can do on it is three fingers up and it opens Launchpad. Other than that, most of them don't even work, like two finger scrolling or anything. I can't open mission control, nothing.

I don't really know if that's a known issue or not, but i hope it gets fixed or i get support around here. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm using version 3.5, the latest one, on Mavericks (10.9.1)

Did you read my features explanation thread for its usage and plist edits?  Try the new version i'm going to release today and let me know.