ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

v3.7 didnt work here. don´t know why.

when i put an usb mouse then it responds but in the same crazy way that v3.5 does when wake up from sleep.

10.9.2, v3 elan, samsung ativ book 4.

btw, i try to remove the elan kext, rebuild caches and permitions, reboot without any ps2 driver, install from there and even so, didnt work. is there something more to be done? this is, by far, the best ps2 driver around...

thanks!

Hi EMlyDinEsH, 

first of all thanks for the great job. I upgraded to version 3.7, but still can not control the keyboard backlight with F3 and F4, if I install the kext AsusNBFnKeys then works through Fn+F3, Fn+F4.

Does not work automatically turn off the backlight keyboard even though I has modified the plist as reported in the guide. 

The last thing, does not work the swipe with three fingers to return to the previous/next page in Safari. 

I'm doing something wrong? 

Thank you again! :)

Hi EMlyDinEsH, 

first of all thanks for the great job. I upgraded to version 3.7, but still can not control the keyboard backlight with F3 and F4, if I install the kext AsusNBFnKeys then works through Fn+F3, Fn+F4.

Does not work automatically turn off the backlight keyboard even though I has modified the plist as reported in the guide. 

The last thing, does not work the swipe with three fingers to return to the previous/next page in Safari. 

I'm doing something wrong? 

Thank you again! :)

For keyboard backlight in Elan, you need to use DSDT patch and plist edits as i've explained in the Features thread. 

For 3f swipes, if you have ISO keyboards like German, Italian etc., you need to edit Keyboard Type ID in keyboard plist as i've explained in the keyboard features thread for this to work as some of the keys in the keyboard are mapped differently.

• Like 1

v3.7 didnt work here. don´t know why.

when i put an usb mouse then it responds but in the same crazy way that v3.5 does when wake up from sleep.

10.9.2, v3 elan, samsung ativ book 4.

btw, i try to remove the elan kext, rebuild caches and permitions, reboot without any ps2 driver, install from there and even so, didnt work. is there something more to be done? this is, by far, the best ps2 driver around...

thanks!

any previous versions worked fine? What you mean crazy way after sleep, explain? Let me see your system log after installing the new version so i can see if there is anything wrong.

Hi...i have elan touchpad but neither voodoo or this driver works for me...when i install this in system pref i see that my touchpad has been recognized but not responding and my keyboard too...any help will be appriciated :D

PS i did installed it correct! (removed any other ps2 kexts, repair permisions, rebuild cahe)

let me see your ioreg file and system log with my kexts installed, so i can see whether you have Elan touchpad or not?

hi  

i tried your driver v3.7.  things are strange

1.before i used it , i used the voodoo and the keyboard works well,but touchpad can't work.system preference can't find it

2.then, i use your driver and delete the kext you requested. but i can't boot in normal way,so i used -x

on the login interface,the keyboard can work to input my password.but after i sign in, the keyboard can't work again,touchpad too.however the touchpad setting appeared

my  english not good .  if  you can't understand ,tell me

any previous versions worked fine? What you mean crazy way after sleep, explain? Let me see your system log after installing the new version so i can see if there is anything wrong.

yes, v3.5 worked great.

the crazy behavior after wake is that the trackpad open context menu in right and left click, if i try to move goes to another space like dashboard, i can´t move because these things happen at the same time. as said, crazy behavior haha.

ok, thanks, tonight i post the syslog.

For keyboard backlight in Elan, you need to use DSDT patch and plist edits as i've explained in the Features thread. 

For 3f swipes, if you have ISO keyboards like German, Italian etc., you need to edit Keyboard Type ID in keyboard plist as i've explained in the keyboard features thread for this to work as some of the keys in the keyboard are mapped differently.

Thanks for answer, I've the Italian keyboard, for 3f swipes I've modified the info.plist like the picture below, but I can not go back previous/next page in safari, What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

post-12999-0-44794800-1395518142_thumb.png

Hi EMlyDinEsH, first thank you for all the hard work, the new auto off feature is just awesome!!!, it works really great in my Asus G750JX. I like to report some issues I still have with the new 3.7 kext.

Draggin.- The issue I have is related to dragging using the left physical button on the Trackpad (V4 Hardware). It behaves like the drag feature using touchpad tap. I mean it has the same timeout, If I do a drag using left physical button, and release the finger from the touchpad but keep pressing on the left button it´s supposed to maintain the drag (this is working dragging windows, but no dragging icon, selecting text) but is released instead after the timeout, like the touchpad drag feature. The drag using Left physical button no needs timeout, because as soon as you release the button the drag is over.

Keyboard and touchpad lost after sleep.- This one is a little tricky, if I press some F Key a few seconds (maybe 1 or 2 seconds) after wake the machine from sleep I lost the keyboard and touchpad. If I press one of the F keys after 5 seconds after wake the machine from sleep everything works as it should.

frame rate lagg on inertial scroll.- This one is a petition more than an issue, I feel the inertial scroll effect have some lagg, I feels like, it needs a little more momentum also. In the past with my Asus G74 I tried Rehabman´s Synaptics driver, and the inertial scroll effect worked great on the synaptics (too close to my magic mouse) . Please check Rehabman sources  :-P

Thank you!!!!

Good luck

hi  

i tried your driver v3.7.  things are strange

1.before i used it , i used the voodoo and the keyboard works well,but touchpad can't work.system preference can't find it

2.then, i use your driver and delete the kext you requested. but i can't boot in normal way,so i used -x

on the login interface,the keyboard can work to input my password.but after i sign in, the keyboard can't work again,touchpad too.however the touchpad setting appeared

my  english not good .  if  you can't understand ,tell me

Are you sure have you've ELAN touchpad? Let me see your ioreg file and system log with my kexts installed. Also how did you install my kexts?