ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi EMlyDinEsH, first thank you for all the hard work, the new auto off feature is just awesome!!!, it works really great in my Asus G750JX. I like to report some issues I still have with the new 3.7 kext.

Draggin.- The issue I have is related to dragging using the left physical button on the Trackpad (V4 Hardware). It behaves like the drag feature using touchpad tap. I mean it has the same timeout, If I do a drag using left physical button, and release the finger from the touchpad but keep pressing on the left button it´s supposed to maintain the drag (this is working dragging windows, but no dragging icon, selecting text) but is released instead after the timeout, like the touchpad drag feature. The drag using Left physical button no needs timeout, because as soon as you release the button the drag is over.

Keyboard and touchpad lost after sleep.- This one is a little tricky, if I press some F Key a few seconds (maybe 1 or 2 seconds) after wake the machine from sleep I lost the keyboard and touchpad. If I press one of the F keys after 5 seconds after wake the machine from sleep everything works as it should.

frame rate lagg on inertial scroll.- This one is a petition more than an issue, I feel the inertial scroll effect have some lagg, I feels like, it needs a little more momentum also. In the past with my Asus G74 I tried Rehabman´s Synaptics driver, and the inertial scroll effect worked great on the synaptics (too close to my magic mouse) . Please check Rehabman sources  :-P

Thank you!!!!

Good luck

I need to debug to fix your issues as i don't have v4 hardware, so could you PM for debug session?

• Like 1

Thanks for answer, I've the Italian keyboard, for 3f swipes I've modified the info.plist like the picture below, but I can not go back previous/next page in safari, What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Well, can you PM me so i try to debug this with a debug kext?

• Like 1

Are you sure have you've ELAN touchpad? Let me see your ioreg file and system log with my kexts installed. Also how did you install my kexts?

I use elan driver in windows, so i think it is. i've uploaded my ioreg and logioregandlog.zip. i just deleted the kexts you requested in s\l\e and e\e  and put it in s\l\e then run Kext Utility.

ps  i find if i don't touch the touchpad,the keyboard can work well all the time.if i try to use touchpad ,the keyboard will break down immediately .  

Hello!

Big thanks to EMlyDinEsH for the driver Elan. 

Have a questions.  (ElanTouchpad_v3.7_Final, ML 10.8.5, samsung np7300u)
1. How can I disable the method change the size of text with two fingers. Very often when scrolling pages( - changing the text size, is it very obstructed. 
2. Since it is often difficult to change the keyboard layout, unstable response. 

How can fix it?

PS: thanks again, even don `t know what we would do without you. 

I use elan driver in windows, so i think it is. i've uploaded my ioreg and logattachicon.gifioregandlog.zip. i just deleted the kexts you requested in s\l\e and e\e  and put it in s\l\e then run Kext Utility.

ps  i find if i don't touch the touchpad,the keyboard can work well all the time.if i try to use touchpad ,the keyboard will break down immediately .  

What is your notebook model? Seems like your touchpad which is v3 from log needs legacy mode for initializing like the touch pads found in Gigabyte notebooks. So, try to enable V3HWLegacyMode in plist and see.

Hello!

Big thanks to EMlyDinEsH for the driver Elan. 

Have a questions.  (ElanTouchpad_v3.7_Final, ML 10.8.5, samsung np7300u)
1. How can I disable the method change the size of text with two fingers. Very often when scrolling pages( - changing the text size, is it very obstructed. 
2. Since it is often difficult to change the keyboard layout, unstable response. 

How can fix it?

PS: thanks again, even don `t know what we would do without you. 

Well, the size of the text increase could be due to Zoom in/out. I have code which is mostly never conflict with Two finger scroll if we do the scroll just like it should be done. The zoom in/out will get trigger only if the fingers gets spread instead of staying close to each other. So, explain how you do scroll and when exactly happens this text increase with an example so i can try that and see if its there.

And what is your problem with keyboard layout? What kind of keyboard layout you have? 

What is your notebook model? Seems like your touchpad which is v3 from log needs legacy mode for initializing like the touch pads found in Gigabyte notebooks. So, try to enable V3HWLegacyMode in plist and see.

Thanks for your reply.My notebook is hasee k610c. 

i edited the plist and install the kext again as you requested

but it don't work like before :shock:

i upload the log againioregandlog2.zip  :| 

if you need other information,tell me

yes, v3.5 worked great.

the crazy behavior after wake is that the trackpad open context menu in right and left click, if i try to move goes to another space like dashboard, i can´t move because these things happen at the same time. as said, crazy behavior haha.

ok, thanks, tonight i post the syslog.

I've fixed these issues, wait for next version.

Thanks for your reply.My notebook is hasee k610c. 

i edited the plist and install the kext again as you requested

but it don't work like before :shock:

i upload the log againattachicon.gifioregandlog2.zip  :| 

if you need other information,tell me

Your touchpad not responding to my driver properly, that LegacyMode should work as i've seen this issue before in Gigabyte notebook and that legacy mode fixed it. I need to debug more in order to understand your touchpad issue so i need a debug session. PM me for details for the debug session.