ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

I dont understand your problem exactly. Just install my latest version v3.8 and tell me what kind of problem you are exactly facing and when that happens?

I installed 3.8 and it won't work mostly, it's a fluke if after a reboot it starts working, but it quits after a few minutes and then the only choice it to plug in a usb mouse to shut down.

Mendietinha seems to have the same firmware and hardware version, and with both of us the interval is set to 800000 maybe that is the problem I dunno.

I installed 3.8 and it won't work mostly, it's a fluke if after a reboot it starts working, but it quits after a few minutes and then the only choice it to plug in a usb mouse to shut down.

Mendietinha seems to have the same firmware and hardware version, and with both of us the interval is set to 800000 maybe that is the problem I dunno.

Well, my driver won't quit itself and it must be something from your side is making the driver to stop by any gestures (or) wrong config in plist etc.,. I need you to give me exact scenario of this not working case as you say it doesn't work mostly. Does both keyboard and touchpad stop works? Also i need you to send me System log from console when it stops and tell me what are things you did before it stopped. 

And that 800000 interval is common and it shows up on my driver load or USB mouse driver loads by OSX.

I dont know, maybe i have bad luck, but the 3.8 version still give problems like not works with boot and sleep.

Whats happens??

I have Samsung RF511

I need your system log and ioreg files when it doesn't work. Mostly these kind of problems arise only when there are cache issues after boot (or) any other system conflicts etc., because this is working fine in many systems i have beta tested many times randomly. So, your case could be your system specific and i need the details i ask above like when it stops and what are the things you did last before it stopped. Does both keyboard and touchpad stops? I need your system log and IOReg files when that happens.

Well, my driver won't quit itself and it must be something from your side is making the driver to stop by any gestures (or) wrong config in plist etc.,. I need you to give me exact scenario of this not working case as you say it doesn't work mostly. Does both keyboard and touchpad stop works? Also i need you to send me System log from console when it stops and tell me what are things you did before it stopped. 

And that 800000 interval is common and it shows up on my driver load or USB mouse driver loads by OSX.

thing is the driver never works properly, it works very intermittently, mostly when it boots up even though the driver loads I have to plug in a usb mouse cause it's just stuck, Keyboard works fine touchpad just won't work properly at all. rare occasion that it works for a few seconds to minutes. and I sent you the system log it stops even though the kext is loaded, like this particular firmware just won't cooperate with your driver. and btw this is also in a samsung laptop.

I will try to install it again and reboot a few times so I can see if I can get it to work at all. 

anyways my version seems to be the exact same one others are posting about it acting crazy etc. 

well hit you back when I have time in the next few days

terramir

thing is the driver never works properly, it works very intermittently, mostly when it boots up even though the driver loads I have to plug in a usb mouse cause it's just stuck, Keyboard works fine touchpad just won't work properly at all. rare occasion that it works for a few seconds to minutes. and I sent you the system log it stops even though the kext is loaded, like this particular firmware just won't cooperate with your driver. and btw this is also in a samsung laptop.

I will try to install it again and reboot a few times so I can see if I can get it to work at all. 

anyways my version seems to be the exact same one others are posting about it acting crazy etc. 

well hit you back when I have time in the next few days

terramir

Only way i can help you with this problem with your logs and by debugging, so PM me and i will let you know details.

Hello. Thanks for the driver. 

But with 3.8 version I have a problem.

In my 3d editor I need to use combinations of 'space', 'shift', touchpad and some symbols keys like 's','x','y' etc.

But I suddenly found that you mapped this keys for autoscrolling/edge scrolling etc. And how can I disable this behaviour?

In 3d editor after some hot-keys combinations a cursor starts floating(or scrolling) around a screen. Caps-lock in Os X 10.9 is disabled in preferences, but it looks that your driver think that caps-lock key keeps pressed.

I am using ASUS N43SN laptop.

3.7 is the only version that works on my elan v2 hardware. All the other version, including the newest 3.8, seems turns numberlock on automatically, that means when I try to type j k l u i o, what I got on screen is 1 2 3 4 5 6. 

Also, I do not have the 3 finger swap left and swap right gestures here, other gestures work just fine.

Could you fix these issues in the future versions?

Thank you for your wonderful job!

Hello. Thanks for the driver. 

But with 3.8 version I have a problem.

In my 3d editor I need to use combinations of 'space', 'shift', touchpad and some symbols keys like 's','x','y' etc.

But I suddenly found that you mapped this keys for autoscrolling/edge scrolling etc. And how can I disable this behaviour?

In 3d editor after some hot-keys combinations a cursor starts floating(or scrolling) around a screen. Caps-lock in Os X 10.9 is disabled in preferences, but it looks that your driver think that caps-lock key keeps pressed.

I see, i will provide an option to disable this or map them to other keys in next update soon. If you want a beta kext immediately then PM me with details of your issue.