ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi, mine is a Samsung Ativ Smart PC pro (xe700t1c) running mavericks.

It has a keyboard dock detected as "USB Keyboard+SmartPad".

I've tried every versions of your drivers but found no luck. I don't know why the drivers didn't work;

probably because I have a USB touchpad and your driver is PS2.

It would be awesome to have usb smart pad support. Thanks.

ASUS N43SN

I have to use "VoodooPS2Controller"in EFI   to boot  OS X..

How to install?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now I have successfully installed. But it seems not work. And a part of the key error.

For example,P→*

L→Number

;→Number

and so on。

just try to use the 3.8 version both on a fresh 10.9.3 install and a 10.10 dp1 install with no success other than that old crazy behavior where when i try to move the cursor, it keeps changing screen and clicking randomly without control. this start happen in all releases after 3.5.

you must be changed something after that version. please tell me how can i help to make it work for me and others with samsung ativ book 4.

that is some badass driver right there and i really dont want to stay on 3.5 and without sleep.

thank you for this incredible driver. 

my specs are: samsung ativ book 4 core i5 3230, 8gb ram and elan v3.

Ok once again... I'm saying I don't care about Taps, I care about SECONDARY 2F CLICK (like "Right" button click) which DOESN'T WORK.

You are confusing me and i still don't get your problem exactly. Let me explain few things. You see "Clicking" from Trackpad prefpane enables Taps. So, if you want to 2F Tap to work as Secondary click then you need to enable this "Clicking" otherwise won't work. You can get secondary click from Right button of bottom virtual buttons as well. 2F-5F Click(with button press under the pad) is equal to 2F-5F press feature i have but this is not meant to work as secondary click (it has some bugs and my next update fixes this) and only 2F tap is meant to work as Secondary click in my driver just like Apple(it was a bug in the old versions about this "clicking" and its fixed in v3.8). If you explain what exactly you want then i can consider to implement if possible and make sense in the next update.

Hi EMly,

I installed v3.8 to my notebook. And i got a issue with 2 finger scolling. It scroll too slow although i set it to fastest. I hope you can fix it in v3.9.

Thank you :)

(My trackpad is V4)

Strange, my scroll in v3.8 is perfect and it does scrolls based on your speed level and finger strength. Did you modify scroll acceleration modes  and see in plist? What is your notebook model?

Hi, mine is a Samsung Ativ Smart PC pro (xe700t1c) running mavericks.

It has a keyboard dock detected as "USB Keyboard+SmartPad".

I've tried every versions of your drivers but found no luck. I don't know why the drivers didn't work;

probably because I have a USB touchpad and your driver is PS2.

It would be awesome to have usb smart pad support. Thanks.

Is this ELAN SmartPad? May i see your ioreg( save using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower app) ?

ASUS N43SN

I have to use "VoodooPS2Controller"in EFI   to boot  OS X..

How to install?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now I have successfully installed. But it seems not work. And a part of the key error.

For example,P→*

L→Number

;→Number

and so on。

Do you have ELAN touchpad? If you want to install my driver then remove all the PS2xx related kexts i've explained in the first post of How to Install and install my kext to SLE.

just try to use the 3.8 version both on a fresh 10.9.3 install and a 10.10 dp1 install with no success other than that old crazy behavior where when i try to move the cursor, it keeps changing screen and clicking randomly without control. this start happen in all releases after 3.5.

you must be changed something after that version. please tell me how can i help to make it work for me and others with samsung ativ book 4.

that is some badass driver right there and i really dont want to stay on 3.5 and without sleep.

thank you for this incredible driver. 

my specs are: samsung ativ book 4 core i5 3230, 8gb ram and elan v3.

Well, seems like this is your touchpad only issue as my new versions are working and made to work with many new touch pads, so some of those changes might not be good to your touchpad which I need to debug and see this. PM me for a debug session.

Well, seems like this is your touchpad only issue as my new versions are working and made to work with many new touch pads, so some of those changes might not be good to your touchpad which I need to debug and see this. PM me for a debug session.

right on!