ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

there is a problem with my touchpad that i use v3.8

sometimes i must boot windows once and then boot mac and the touchpad could work in mac

i did some test

1 if today first boot computer and first come into mac or first boot windows then reboot to mac ,the touchpad would work

2 if the touchpad could work now, then reboot  mac and it would still work

3 if the touchpad could work now, shut down mac,then press the power button to boot mac again and the touchpad would not work,but in this kind of situation, i boot windows once then reboot to mac ,and the touchpad would work again

4 if the touchpad could work now,shut down mac for long time,then boot mac and it would work

it is the problem if i shut down then press power button to boot mac right now and the touchpad wouldn't work,if i shut down for long time then     

boot again and the touchpad would work.

log.log.zip

there is a problem with my touchpad that i use v3.8

sometimes i must boot windows once and then boot mac and the touchpad could work in mac

for example

1 if today first boot computer and first come into mac,the touchpad would work

2 if the touchpad could work now, then reboot  mac and it would still work

3 if the touchpad could work now,then shut down mac,then press the power button to boot mac again and the touchpad would not work,but in this kind of situation, i boot windows once and reboot into clover to choose mac to boot ,and the touchpad would work again

What is your notebook model and specifications? Do you use any patched DSDT and kernels? Let me see an ioreg file.

How does it works with Generic ApplePS2Controller (or) VoodooPS2Controller driver which make your touchpad as mouse only? 

What is your notebook model and specifications? Do you use any patched DSDT and kernels? Let me see an ioreg file.

How does it works with Generic ApplePS2Controller (or) VoodooPS2Controller driver which make your touchpad as mouse only? 

GIGABYTE notebook u24f,last time we had communicated by Skype . but i am too busy to use Internet to do other things lately.

i followed what you said to installed the orgin version last time and the touchpad  could work but it still has some little problem just like what i reported.

yes,,i use my own DSDT,Generic ApplePS2Controller (or) VoodooPS2Controller are have the same situation,,,so ï¼Œï¼Œi hope the answer is not “if my touchpad work well with these two drivers and it will work with the elan driver tooâ€- -ï¼ :cry:

MacBook Air.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Hello, EMlyDinEsH!
Your kext is awesome! Working very nice!

But, I have an issue.

The keyboard key forward slash isn't working. In VoodooPS2 is working normally.

So, I can't type "/?".

My laptop: Dell Inspiron 15R 7520

Mac version: 10.9.2

Can you help me?

Thank you =)

Hi EMlyDinEsH, I had v3.5 installed on my system, and I decided to update to v3.8. However, my trackpad has stopped working. How do I fix this? I have v3 trackpad.

There is a new update coming which might fix your issues. PM me for beta build if you want to try before release and give feedback.

GIGABYTE notebook u24f,last time we had communicated by Skype . but i am too busy to use Internet to do other things lately.

i followed what you said to installed the orgin version last time and the touchpad  could work but it still has some little problem just like what i reported.

yes,,i use my own DSDT,Generic ApplePS2Controller (or) VoodooPS2Controller are have the same situation,,,so ï¼Œï¼Œi hope the answer is not “if my touchpad work well with these two drivers and it will work with the elan driver too”- -! :cry:

Well, if those generic drivers also have same issues then its something your touchpad hardware related issue which is not responding after reboots for some reason. So, need to debug and find out what exactly causing your PS2 controller to stop working after reboot. Lets discuss this over at Skype and try to understand your problem for a fix. 

Hello, EMlyDinEsH!

Your kext is awesome! Working very nice!

But, I have an issue.

The keyboard key forward slash isn't working. In VoodooPS2 is working normally.

So, I can't type "/?".

My laptop: Dell Inspiron 15R 7520

Mac version: 10.9.2

Can you help me?

Thank you =)

What is your keyboard layout name? PM me your details along with your keyboard picture, so i help you with a debug kext.