ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi,

With the last 3.8.5 version, I've got constant computer reboot. It can take up to 5 minutes, sometimes less than 20 seconds... So bad as I felt that mouse precision is better, I've got no more mouse jump when I want to close a window. But I also encounter issues with scrolling (more link to the need pression I have to put on the touchpad to have this one working - certainly link to your new palm pressure option and need some ajustement in config.plist from me).

Sadly, I cannot test more due to reboot, so I switched back to 3.8 release.

I've got an Asus UX32LN, with Elan V4 and software buttons. If you can explain me how to help you (and me) on this topic, with certainly some debug session, it will be a pleasure !!!

problem know ( i have had the same problem during beta test ), update the kext AsusNBFnKeys 2.3 to 2.4 and update also EAPDFix 1.5 to 1.7.1

;)

about scrolling change plist/preference/keyboard   PalmCheckMinPressure and PalmCheckMinWidth at 255.

Edited by hoel

problem know ( i have had the same problem during beta test ), update the kext AsusNBFnKeys 2.3 to 2.4 and update also EAPDFix 1.5 to 1.7.1

;)

Hi, I havent got any of these kexts  ;).

I installed just Elantech one. For the keyboard, everything is fine with configuration of the one embedded inside Elantech kext (backlight etc...), so why do we need the Asus one (I can understand for people that don't have an Elantech touchpad, but when you have one) ? Same question for the EAPD fix (I didn't use it, Ive haven't got a Realtek codec and furthermore I use VoodooHda) that is also inside the Elantech kext (in the last versions)... 

Thanks for the Palm information.

For the reboot, it is linked to the mouse (and not the keyboard) I think. In fact, at one time my mouse freeze, and just after, reboot.

Update : I tested again, reboot is always here... Sad, because this version is an heavy improvement for pointer in my case!

Hi, I havent got any of these kexts  ;).

I installed just Elantech one. For the keyboard, everything is fine with configuration of the one embedded inside Elantech kext (backlight etc...), so why do we need the Asus one (I can understand for people that don't have an Elantech touchpad, but when you have one) ? Same question for the EAPD fix (I didn't use it, Ive haven't got a Realtek codec and furthermore I use VoodooHda) that is also inside the Elantech kext (in the last versions)... 

Thanks for the Palm information.

For the reboot, it is linked to the mouse (and not the keyboard) I think. In fact, at one time my mouse freeze, and just after, reboot.

Update : I tested again, reboot is always here... Sad, because this version is an heavy improvement for pointer in my case!

What are the kexts/version of mine you are using? Do you have any edits to plists? Do you have keyboard backlight? When exactly reboot happens? like when you do some gesture, keyboard press etc., and i need your system log/picture of the kernel panic for this reboot because it might be due to Kernel panic. 

Send me your ioreg file as well.  If you provide these details then i can help  you. Seems like you have some kind of configuration mistake between my kexts or OSX.

PS: Use the reuploaded version of v3.8.5 today and let me know again.

What are the kexts/version of mine you are using? Do you have any edits to plists? Do you have keyboard backlight? When exactly reboot happens? like when you do some gesture, keyboard press etc., and i need your system log/picture of the kernel panic for this reboot because it might be due to Kernel panic. 

Send me your ioreg file as well.  If you provide these details then i can help  you. Seems like you have some kind of configuration mistake between my kexts or OSX.

PS: Use the reuploaded version of v3.8.5 today and let me know again.

Hi,  thanks for your response.

The 2 kexts from you I use is the Elan Touchpad and the BTFirmwareuploader one (last version also). I enable backlight. Inside Plist, I didn't do a lot of configuration on the touchpad part (apart for the backlight + Palm), and a bit more inside the keyboard part (enable backlight, configure/adapt Fn key, use ISO keyboard).

Reboot happens when using mouse (no gesture at all, just using "default" mouse pointer). Saddly, at the reboot time, I've got no kernel panic, just direct reboot. Just before reboot, I've got mouse freeze, and reboot. I checked inside the kernel.log, and saw nothing... If there is some option to move your kext in a more verbose mode, it will be a pleasure.

I will use now your "new" kext version of today, and keep you informed. I will contact you with PM for my Ioreg, my DSDT+SSDTs and also with the Plist I edited in the kext.

I use clover as boot loader with few Kexts (the yours, FakeSMC+Plugins from Kozlek, ACPIBatteryManager from Zprood, ACPIBacklight from Rehabman, GenericXHCI from Rehabman and VoodooHDA 2.8.5 from Anv). All kexts in last version (I didn't use enhanced ACPIBatteryManager from Rehabman as I've got some issue with it - I yet filled a bug for it).

Sir, I would like to report..

I use 3.8.5 on my ASUS A46CA and it can't fn + brightness (F5 F6), turn off display, and has bug when dsabling the touchpad (when I pressed esc it turned back on)

Is there any fix?

HI EMlyDinEsH, I have one issue with version 3.8.5 and my V4 Hardware with physical buttons. If I press right physical button once the system recognize it like if I press twice. Example pressing right button once on the desktop gives me the context menu but disappears almost immediately like if I had pressed twice.

I hope I explain myself.

Thanks you!!!

Good Luck

Ok i just disable the finer brightness and I get my brighness shortcut and turn off display shortcut back..

Just only the touchpad is still buggy when disable the touchpad, plus it's hard to 2fingScroll..

And I have disable auto scroll and continuous scroll but still get continuous scroll when reaching top edge of the touchpad..

Any fix for these?

Thanks.. :)

OS X REBOOT from PANIC with ELAN_v3.8.5_Final_Upd

I have AsusNBFnKeys_v2.4_Final (no edits to info.plist).

I don't use EAPDFix (cause it doesn't work for me).

I think that problem happens when Dragging feature is used, especially when I press one finger to click trackpad then use 2nd finger to draw rectangle selection, it  ends up with PANIC and automatic REBOOT.

(I have modified info.plist, just to disable HW4 virtual buttons, automatic and continuous scroll and edge scroll, using inertial only)

With ELAN_v3.8 have no problem.

Thanks for info, have great day everybody...