ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

OS X REBOOT from PANIC with ELAN_v3.8.5_Final_Upd

I think that problem happens when Dragging feature is used, especially when I press one finger to click trackpad then use 2nd finger to draw rectangle selection, it  ends up with PANIC and automatic REBOOT.

I have the same issues with 3.8.6_Final_Upd (and I have no other kexts, didn't edited anything). I have not very big touchpad and FullHD display, so sometimes I have to put my second finger and use it to continue the movement. At these moments, Mac OS X reboots from time to time.

Going to rolback to 3.8

Hey EMlyDinesh, I just wanted to report a few minor issues. If I happen to be accidentally moving my cursor when I start typing (A high possiblity because my palm touches it a lot), the cursor will start moving across the screen by itself until I stop it. Also, in order for palm detection to work I have to type a lot of letters before it understands that I'm typing. So say if I only need to type 3 or 4 letters, palm detection usually won't turn on. But if I'm typing say, at least 7 or 8 letters, it will turn on palm detection just fine.

Also is there an option to just automatically disable the touchpad while typing?

Other than that, I'm really loving this new version, it works great. Your work is appreciated as always.

First off, I love the fact that this thing works at all. That being said, I'm having some trouble. 

- When I use 'tapping', it doesn't keep the cursor still and tends to move a bit usually off the button or location I'm tapping. My guess is there is probably something I can edit to fix this, but I'm not sure what.

- In conjunction with tapping, the sensitivity extends to the buttons. I'm running a Q500A series Asus laptop, and it tends to recognize my button presses as also movement. And moves the cursor all the way to the bottom of the screen when clicking.

My hope is both issues are easily fixable, as the fact the touchpad works at all is awesome, and I'm happy with it as is, but if I can tweak it to make it even better I'd be very happy!

I am running 3.8.5 currently, with SmoothMouse enabled (If that is a mistake please let me know!)

Hello

My laptop is asus G750js , i installed Elan kext version 3.8. It works but multi gesture doesn't work.

I try with version 4beta My trackpad doesn't work right+left click buton and multi gesture. here is my IOreg and system.log on version 4

(maybe your attached file ElanV4_1_8_2_beta.zip isn't good)

https://www.mediafire.com/?7356yb9o62bog1c

ElanTech Touchpad driver v1.8.2 beta by EMlyDinEsHMG (c) 2012
Elan: Detecting the touchpad
Elan: FirmWare Version 4591364
Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x460f04)
Elan: Placing the Touchpad into Absolute mode
Elan: Successfully placed touchpad into Absolute mode
Elan: Setting touchpad Range
Elan: Touchpad Pad CentreX 1795, CentreY 940
Elan: Touchpad range X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3591 Y_max 1881
Elan: MouseInformation { 0x20, 0x03, 0x64 }
Elan: Enabling the touchpad

another question. How can i turn on numlook at boot because i have keyboard numerical 

(maybe your attached file ElanV4_1_8_2_beta.zip isn't good)

https://www.mediafire.com/?7356yb9o62bog1c

ElanTech Touchpad driver v1.8.2 beta by EMlyDinEsHMG (c) 2012
Elan: Enabling the touchpad

another question. How can i turn on numlook at boot because i have keyboard numerical 

I'm not the developer butt I think you should use the latest driver built in 2014 (3.8.5 final or 3.8.0) rather than the 1.8.2 version dated 2012.

However for me, it does much less gestures than Apple Magic Trackpad, though that's fine for me.

oh i think it is newest version.

i installed version 3.8.5 final  it works right click, left click, zoom out, zoom in that's all. It need only function two finger to scroll down but it doesn't work.

So i google on asus forum, there is a lots of Asus G750 member confirm it doesn't work multi gesture

I have the same issues with 3.8.6_Final_Upd (and I have no other kexts, didn't edited anything). I have not very big touchpad and FullHD display, so sometimes I have to put my second finger and use it to continue the movement. At these moments, Mac OS X reboots from time to time.

Going to rolback to 3.8

I was having lots of kernel panics with 2.8.5 then I found that multi beast installed SmoothMouse.kext in my /Library/Extensions, problems were gone after I removed it and rebuild caches. 

PS: I tried to contact EMlyDinEsH but he seems offline.

Freeze bug is fixed in the next update I'm going to release soon, if you want to try the beta build before the release then PM me.

oh i think it is newest version.

i installed version 3.8.5 final  it works right click, left click, zoom out, zoom in that's all. It need only function two finger to scroll down but it doesn't work.

So i google on asus forum, there is a lots of Asus G750 member confirm it doesn't work multi gesture

PM me for beta test so i can help you.

First off, I love the fact that this thing works at all. That being said, I'm having some trouble. 

- When I use 'tapping', it doesn't keep the cursor still and tends to move a bit usually off the button or location I'm tapping. My guess is there is probably something I can edit to fix this, but I'm not sure what.

- In conjunction with tapping, the sensitivity extends to the buttons. I'm running a Q500A series Asus laptop, and it tends to recognize my button presses as also movement. And moves the cursor all the way to the bottom of the screen when clicking.

My hope is both issues are easily fixable, as the fact the touchpad works at all is awesome, and I'm happy with it as is, but if I can tweak it to make it even better I'd be very happy!

I am running 3.8.5 currently, with SmoothMouse enabled (If that is a mistake please let me know!)

PM me with the details of your problems for beta test.