ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

HI EMlyDinEsH, I have one issue with version 3.8.5 and my V4 Hardware with physical buttons. If I press right physical button once the system recognize it like if I press twice. Example pressing right button once on the desktop gives me the context menu but disappears almost immediately like if I had pressed twice.

I hope I explain myself.

Thanks you!!!

Good Luck

PM me for beta test plz.

I'm using 3.8 and it works brilliantly.  The only issue is that the OSX prefpane doesn't store scrolling levels and defaults back to the previous value despite editing the ScrollLevelAtBoot with values ranging from 7 to 10 but they don't keep.  Is there a particular range that the prefpane will accept?  Also, does anyone know the default key, perhaps something like com.apple.trackpad.scrolling?  I can just run a defaults write operation at login to correct this... I hope.

#Update:

I've created an applescript to run as an application at login using automator... it shows the System Preferences window for a moment but it does do the trick.  This is a fix for now.  Essentially, this just navigates the System preferences and automates clicks.  Half the credit goes to the guy who sat next to me today in class.

tell application "System Preferences" to activate
tell application "System Events"
    tell process "System Preferences"
        try
            click UI element "Trackpad" of scroll area 1 of window "System Preferences"
            set value of slider 1 of group 2 of window "Trackpad" to 10
        end try
        click UI element "Show All" of group 1 of group 2 of toolbar 1 of window "Trackpad"
        click UI element "Mouse" of scroll area 1 of window "System Preferences"
        try
            set value of slider 1 of window "Mouse" to 8
        end try
    end tell
    tell application "System Preferences" to quit
end tell

This driver is amazing! the work you've done blows my mind. this trackpad works better under OS X than on windows. I have an ASUSUX31LA (haswell edition) and everything works except using 2 fingers while using the cursor. I like to keep my thumb on the left click button while I do this. it works for a few minutes but it leads to a reboot which I am assuming is a kernel panic. to be clear: the feature works, but it leads to a kernel panic reboot. Thanks!

When tapping with two fingers on my touchpad (for resizing and dragging), I have noticed either (or both) of these two actions:

• System Freezes and force-reboots -- I have found nothing in any error log.
  • Mouse pointer gets moved to bottom-right corner immediately.

I am using an Asus Q550LF with your combined Keyboard and Mouse driver. My touchpad is v4.

Sometimes (read rarely), the touchpad works exactly as expected.

How do I fix this?

• Like 1