ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

• System Freezes and force-reboots -- I have found nothing in any error log.
  • Mouse pointer gets moved to bottom-right corner immediately.

Hi!

I have also noticed this bug, but before it reboots, it moving and clicking like crazy, and then it just hard reset my laptop. I never had this problem before then 3.8.5, or maybe i haven't used it frequently at this time.

It is an Acer M5-481TG laptop, with Elan 4 Touchpad.

And as you told, there is no log, nothing.

Thats all, what i have:

Hardware version 4 (Firmware version 0x461f08).

Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 2960 Y_max 1924, CenterX 1480, CenterY 962.

Bye!

Hi!

The kext is working flawlessly except two-finger scrolling... I've enabled it from System Preferences -> Trackpad but it is not working.

The weird behaviour is that 3-finger and 4-finger actions do work! Up to 5 fingers!

My laptop is an Asus K55VD. I think it should all work because on the verbose mode of the OS boot, i can se something like 'V4 hardware detected'.

What can I do?

Thank you in advantage!

Hi!

The kext is working flawlessly except two-finger scrolling... I've enabled it from System Preferences -> Trackpad but it is not working.

The weird behaviour is that 3-finger and 4-finger actions do work! Up to 5 fingers!

My laptop is an Asus K55VD. I think it should all work because on the verbose mode of the OS boot, i can se something like 'V4 hardware detected'.

What can I do?

Thank you in advantage!

I quote myself to say shamefully that it is now working AFTER reading the 'Readme' file.

Thank you very much for this AWESOME work!

Best regards!

When tapping with two fingers on my touchpad (for resizing and dragging), I have noticed either (or both) of these two actions:

• System Freezes and force-reboots -- I have found nothing in any error log.
  • Mouse pointer gets moved to bottom-right corner immediately.

I am using an Asus Q550LF with your combined Keyboard and Mouse driver. My touchpad is v4.

Sometimes (read rarely), the touchpad works exactly as expected.

How do I fix this?

I have the exact same issue with ASUS K55A V4 TOUCHPAD.   Tried to fix it myself to no avail.......

Im running 10.9.5 

Also does it when left click and selecting text, along with dragging windows around the screen.

everything else seems to be working flawlessly.

Hello. I tried your v3.8.5 final on acer 5755g that uses Elan Touchpad. I got the following issues:

1. Two finger vertical and horizontal Scrolling does not work.

2. corner taps not working.

3. horizontal swipe not working.

I am on Mavericks 10.9.5 using Clover.

Thankyou

Hello. I tried your v3.8.5 final on acer 5755g that uses Elan Touchpad. I got the following issues:

1. Two finger vertical and horizontal Scrolling does not work.

2. corner taps not working.

3. horizontal swipe not working.

I am on Mavericks 10.9.5 using Clover.

Thankyou

Please wait for new version and for scroll you need to change the scroll speed once at trackpad settings. Read my features explanation thread for details.