ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Kernel Panic all the way in! 
Acer Aspire 5733 here, 10.9.5, deleted ApplePS2* kext, deleted VoodooPS2* kext, repaired permissions, rebuilt cache and ignored kernel cache.
Tested Versions: 2.8.3/3.8.5 final.
Booting with -v results:
Sometimes just freezes after detecting Elan hardware (v2) then "elantech: retrying ps2 command 0xe6" , and sometimes kernel panics after the same line.

Dunno what's happening, atm I'm running on Voodoo because at least, I'm able to run (even if it's pretty broken can't move windows, selection not working and so on) the touchpad to navigate in OSX. 

Would like to know how I can support, and, if possible of course, how to solve :P 

Have a nice day everybody.

Acer Aspire 5733 here, 10.9.5, deleted ApplePS2* kext, deleted VoodooPS2* kext, repaired permissions, rebuilt cache and ignored kernel cache.

Booting with -v results:

Sometimes just freezes after detecting Elan hardware (v2) then "elantech: retrying ps2 command 0xe6" , and sometimes kernel panics after the same line.

Dunno what's happening, atm I'm running on Voodoo because at least, I'm able to run (even if it's pretty broken can't move windows, selection not working and so on) the touchpad to navigate in OSX. 

Would like to know how I can support, and, if possible of course, how to solve :P 

Post pic of panic

Hi,

I have used the driver since 3.8 until now 4_FINAL, in my laptop Asus X450JF. So far it worked, sometimes (very rare) it stopped working, i don't know why, just restart the osx and it worked again.

There is one issues that keep bothering me in whole time, that is continuous 2 finger scroll. It can't be disabled. I change in the plist, it doesn't have any effect. It still enabled. In the plist it written as: "Continous2FingScroll", but in the documentation it written as: "Continuous2FingScroll". I tried to rename it as the documentation, but still doesn't work. (I wish the source code is open, so i can fix it myself). Thank you for your hard work on this driver. I hope i'm not bugging your time too much :)

nb: If i scrolling using 2 finger but not release my finger it will in continous scroll mode, so everytime i want to scroll i must release my finger, so that the page stop scrolling.

• Like 1

Hi. I got some issues..

First:

I having issues with the 2 fingers scroll..

I have disabled 2 Fingers Continuous scroll but still get the effect. It keeps scrolling when I don't release my finger.

Second:

Edge Swipe. I disable the edge swipes except the right edge. I set it to Notification centre.

It can open the Notification Centre (swipe from outside to touchpad) but I can't close it back (swipe from touchpad to outside)

I have to re-swipe it again (swipe from outside to touchpad)

Can you fix/re-add the vice-versa swapping? Thx.

Third:

I can disable the touchpad by using Context Menu + F9 (On ASUS A46CA).

But when I press Esc, the touchpad is re-enabled.

Thanks for the driver.

Hope you can fix these soon.

Thank you.

Booting with -v results:

Hi,

I have used the driver since 3.8 until now 4_FINAL, in my laptop Asus X450JF. So far it worked, sometimes (very rare) it stopped working, i don't know why, just restart the osx and it worked again.

There is one issues that keep bothering me in whole time, that is continuous 2 finger scroll. It can't be disabled. I change in the plist, it doesn't have any effect. It still enabled. In the plist it written as: "Continous2FingScroll", but in the documentation it written as: "Continuous2FingScroll". I tried to rename it as the documentation, but still doesn't work. (I wish the source code is open, so i can fix it myself). Thank you for your hard work on this driver. I hope i'm not bugging your time too much :)

nb: If i scrolling using 2 finger but not release my finger it will in continous scroll mode, so everytime i want to scroll i must release my finger, so that the page stop scrolling.

I'll take a look at this and fix it asp. Sorry for not sharing source code but i have some plans which i wish to finish before i share the code with proper documentation. PM me for beta test.

• Like 1

Hi. I got some issues..

First:

I having issues with the 2 fingers scroll..

I have disabled 2 Fingers Continuous scroll but still get the effect. It keeps scrolling when I don't release my finger.

Second:

Edge Swipe. I disable the edge swipes except the right edge. I set it to Notification centre.

It can open the Notification Centre (swipe from outside to touchpad) but I can't close it back (swipe from touchpad to outside)

I have to re-swipe it again (swipe from outside to touchpad)

Can you fix/re-add the vice-versa swapping? Thx.

Third:

I can disable the touchpad by using Context Menu + F9 (On ASUS A46CA).

But when I press Esc, the touchpad is re-enabled.

Thanks for the driver.

Hope you can fix these soon.

Thank you.

I'll fix those issues asp, PM me with details about this bug for beta test.

I've got an ASUS K46CM notebook and the key mapping is a bit off.

this is qwertyuiop typed on the notebook: qwerty456*

asdfghjkl = asdfgh123

zxcvbnm = zxcvbn0

It's like having the numeric keypad on keys uio/jkl/m

What do I have to configure to make it work right? (It's ABNT2 layout, but I prefer using US)

edit: keyboard mode = 3 and id = 1B fixed the keyboard layout. changing scroll speed enabled 2f scroll (oh the readme..). but option to turn off numlock on boot isnt working

I've got an ASUS K46CM notebook and the key mapping is a bit off.

this is qwertyuiop typed on the notebook: qwerty456*

asdfghjkl = asdfgh123

zxcvbnm = zxcvbn0

It's like having the numeric keypad on keys uio/jkl/m

What do I have to configure to make it work right? (It's ABNT2 layout, but I prefer using US)

edit: keyboard mode = 3 and id = 1B fixed the keyboard layout. changing scroll speed enabled 2f scroll (oh the readme..). but option to turn off numlock on boot isnt working

Set it to NO

Mine works on A46CA