ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi to all, i've installed the kext, but when computer starts, nothing in verbose refers to Smart touchpad but refers to voodoops2 (there's nothing in S/L/E and in clover directories).

i'm attaching ioreg and system log (in the third one there are only the line with "ps2").. thanks to all

Same is happening to me O.o :/

Hi to all, i've installed the kext, but when computer starts, nothing in verbose refers to Smart touchpad but refers to voodoops2 (there's nothing in S/L/E and in clover directories).

i'm attaching ioreg and system log (in the third one there are only the line with "ps2").. thanks to all

Same is happening to me O.o :/

If you used yosemite zone, install without any ps2 kext, then, with usb keyboard and mouse, install this kext

If you used yosemite zone, install without any ps2 kext, then, with usb keyboard and mouse, install this kext

You don't have t go without PS2 kexts for installing OSX. You can remove the PS2 kexts after installing OS X then install my kexts. May be you had cache issues so try to update them using Kext utility app after removing.

HI,i report an issue with my Asus s56cm, mac 10.10.3 élan v4 -driver: smartTouchPad v4.2

when i was typing, the point will shift to other place when my palm touch the touchpad.  Althought i have set the palm detection with 120 pressure and 5 width.

i touch my touchpad top right and top left with 1 finger ,it is also not stable(shift,i'v turned off corner tap) , but works well in otherwhere.....

anyway.thx for your fantastic job in élan touchpad    ..   

HI,i report an issue with my Asus s56cm, mac 10.10.3 élan v4 -driver: smartTouchPad v4.2

when i was typing, the point will shift to other place when my palm touch the touchpad.  Althought i have set the palm detection with 120 pressure and 5 width.

i touch my touchpad top right and top left with 1 finger ,it is also not stable(shift,i'v turned off corner tap) , but works well in otherwhere.....

anyway.thx for your fantastic job in élan touchpad    ..   

Palm detection is very tricky and i think you might need to increase Pressure and width even higher. To find the the current pressure and width hold Shift + Caps keys then you will see logs showing those values for every touch. PM me for beta testing on improving this feature and also i have new version.

Hi! Thank you for your hard and amazing work on this driver!

1) Explain your problem clearly like how to reproduce it again.

On my new MSI GS60 2PC laptop, neither the internal PS2 keyboard nor the Elan touchpad works.

2) Mention your OSX, boot loader and my driver version used to test.

OS X 10.10.3 with UEFI+GPT+Clover 3139.

The system log, ioreg file and Clover config.plist are sent to you through PM.

Hi there. 

I have an Asus laptop with Elan touchpad and I used this driver. Generally it's very nice to use with multitouch gestures. But I found it annoy when typing. The touchpad would frequently be triggered when typing (even now), and "Ignore accidental touchpad input" is mostly useless.

I don't know how this option works, but I have some suggestions. The left and right edge of the touchpad are most likely be touched when typing, so it might be useful if the area is disabled when typing, or be deactivated until a larger motion is detected.

Another wish, I was fascinated by "three finger dragging" and "three finger tap for quick look up" of Apple stock touchpad.

As for the former, I found a linux project called "touchegg" is doing a nice job. Maybe you could try to merge its code?

For the latter function, I played with the driver's plist config for a long time but it just can't do the same. I know the keyboard shortcut for it is" Command + Control + D", but when I set three finger tap for that shortcut, and tap three fingers, the mouse cursor disappears, thus failed to look up the word. Would you please help fix it?

Sincerely thanks EMlyDinEsH!