ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Thanks double tap fixed by increasing MulFingTapMaxDelta. I also tried playing with TapMaxDelta but i think only solution is in code for this, because if i set double click speed in preference to higher then it doesn't work a lot of times, if i set lower then it work but i must tap so slow, in version 3.3 it worked perfect fast double tap worked every time. Now i set one point lower double click in preferences, but i can't learn tapping that slow. By the way double tap in Elan V2 on my Asus n53jn started working poorly in the last 5 versions. 

Thanks double tap fixed by increasing MulFingTapMaxDelta. I also tried playing with TapMaxDelta but i think only solution is in code for this, because if i set double click speed in preference to higher then it doesn't work a lot of times, if i set lower then it work but i must tap so slow, in version 3.3 it worked perfect fast double tap worked every time. Now i set one point lower double click in preferences, but i can't learn tapping that slow. By the way double tap in Elan V2 on my Asus n53jn started working poorly in the last 5 versions. 

Can you give me an exact description of your gesture (finger position on the trackpad, distance between the fingers, how much of your fingers are making contact with the surface, etc.) so I can see if I can reproduce on my v2. We may need to schedule a debug session with you and the developer if I can't reproduce.

I'm sorry i mean Two finger tap (right click) fixed but there is still a problem with double tap with one finger, by the way you have version 4.4 and élan v2 and no problem with fast double tap at all?

The only problem I had on v2 Elan a few weeks ago was with scrolling being inconsistent. The machine is currently disassembled so I wont be able to play with the trackpad until the weekend.

Is your machine x64 or x86? edit: nm this information was in your first post.

Try this debug build, and get me a log of your issue to pass along to the developer. To do this [note best done with a usb mouse attached]:

• Using the usb mouse so as to not create extraneous logs, open console
  • find System.log on the left, and right click and view in finder
  • Open System.log in a text editor
  • cmd+a to select all, delete text, save the file, overwriting old system.log. You now have a clean log file
  • Do the gesture you're having issues with. Notice the STD output in system.log in your text editor.
  • Save as a new text file
  • Upload here.
edit: file redacted

Hello i made some research, so here is the result:

Correct me if I'm wrong

One single tap:

STD :: Fingers Status changed - Current Finger(s) 1, Last Finger(s) 0, Button Data 0 State 0, Touchmode 0, Touchtime 0, PacketsCount 0, FingOnBtn 0, PID -1, SID -1, RM 0, ESwipes 0, Drag 0, Tap 0

Double tap:

STD :: Fingers Status changed - Current Finger(s) 1, Last Finger(s) 0, Button Data 1 State 1, Touchmode 0, Touchtime 0, PacketsCount 0, FingOnBtn 0, PID -1, SID -1, RM 0, ESwipes 0, Drag 0, Tap 0

Difference between these two is Button Data and State.

If this is correct and double tap is Button Data 1 and State 1 then it show always when i do gesture (double tap), but sometimes it doesn't shows in OS X (explanation: Double tap to open folder, it always shows Button Data 1 and State 1, but sometimes it doesn't open it, same thing is safari double tap to highlight text)

I also made i video for this look carefully on time in terminal.

It happens twice on start and once 0:42 and 1:01.

I've installed Yosemite 10.4.4 on ASUS K450LD (X550A), with SmartTouchPad.kext v4.4 help me can use the TouchPad as nature but it's just working for a short time, the period is random then I lost the touchpad control, the pointer float to the bottom left of screen and always floating there. If I pluged external USB mouse, it's still floatting and can't control it. I can't turn off the touchpad with Fn hotkey after lost control.

Here is my TouchPad

pnp 00:06: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs FLT0102 SYN0a00 SYN0002 PNP0f03 PNP0f13 PNP0f12

Plz helm me solve it

I've installed Yosemite 10.4.4 on ASUS K450LD (X550A), with SmartTouchPad.kext v4.4 help me can use the TouchPad as nature but it's just working for a short time, the period is random then I lost the touchpad control, the pointer float to the bottom left of screen and always floating there. If I pluged external USB mouse, it's still floatting and can't control it. I can't turn off the touchpad with Fn hotkey after lost control.

Here is my TouchPad

pnp 00:06: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs FLT0102 SYN0a00 SYN0002 PNP0f03 PNP0f13 PNP0f12

Plz helm me solve it

Try 4.4.5 and let me know if you have issues.

Hello,

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 on Lenovo Z50-70, i've tried every kext and installed them properly mouse is floating, can't double click, scrolling can't stop, always rolling up or down... I don't know what esle to do, everything else seems to work on my computer, sound, sleep, brightness control, sound keyboard control and batttery ( even if it goes down pretty quickly...)

If any one can help, i would really appreciate. Thank's.

Config : Lenovo Z50-70 i7 451U, 8gb ram 2x4 800mhz, Corsair LS SSD 120 Go, Nvidia GeForce 840M and Intel HD 4400.