ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

hello

i am using the last ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and patched my DSDT with this guide 

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7890-how-to-fix-your-acpi-brightness-keys-using-smart-touchpad-driver/?p=57099

for me the key are Q1C and Q1D

but now if i push only tne FN key , it increase the backlight

and the sleep combinaison not always work (FN F4)

if you can help me

my laptop is a ACER 7741zg OS X 10.10.5, clover r3330

here are all needed files

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vbpa59g4vaatsg/7741zg.zip

thank you for the work

Try to set Vendor layout to Acer by editing keyboard plist according to keyboard features thread and see. If you have still issue then PM me.

Hello. I have an Asus R557LA.

When i want to double-click i need tripple-click to open anything..

A picture of my setting and the log and the other file is in my onedrive: http://1drv.ms/21tFsyM

I did not get you exactly. If you want to open some app then read the features thread for creating a keyboard shortcut as Extended Function key             #6             and assign that to gesture you want accordingly             #1             .

Hi, 

Ive got anoying bug with volume controll via function keys. In macs when you use fn keys, volume indicator goes left or right by one dot? square?, i mean there is about 17? points of volume. If something is not clear just tell. Now, when i use fn keys to pass one square? dot? i need to click 3 or 4 times, it looks like in the picture. (picture http://postimg.org/image/om3d8t2yb/) After reboot it fix but in short time issue shows up again.

Ive got OSX El Capitan, on Samsung NP730u3e, driver: Smart Touchpad 4.5, ive made only changes about gestures on touchpad, ive got Elan Touchpad. 

Sorry for my bad english.

Disable Finer Volume control feature (which makes 16 to 64 levels) from keyboard plist. 

Guest wujekfester

Disable Finer Volume control feature (which makes 16 to 64 levels) from keyboard plist. 

@EMlyDinEsH

Hello! My Samsung keyboard backlight shortcuts aren't working.

When I press the FN + F10 (keyboard backlight up) nothing happens. And FN +F9 (keyboard backlight down) increases the laptop screen brightness.

Besides that, other shortcuts are working fine (Volume, Screen Brightness, Disable touchpad).

I've edited keyboard plist do "SAMSUNG" and changed to Mode 3. Is there a way to get the keyboard backlight to work? Can I send you a PM with my DSDT, ioreg and system log for you take a look?

Greetings

i recently acquired a Lenovo G50-70 laptop, on which i have successfully installed a dual boot for Windows 7 and Mavericks

10.9.5.  The G50-70 +employs a Haswell i7-4510U Dual Core CPU, 8 gb RAM, 1 TB HD, Intell internal 4400 graphics, Elan

thouchpad and USB mouse.  It also is equipped with Bluetooth, Ethernet (wired) and WiFi.

My concern is with Mavericks. Most hardware is functioning and includes graphics, brightness control, sound (VoodoHDA),

Wired Ethernet (appropriate kext), WiFi (External USB dongle).  My build depends on legacy boot opertion in the BIOS and Chameleon as the boot manager.  I'm using kexts for FakeSMC, AppleCPIBAcklight (working), ACPIBatteryManager (working), GenericUSBXHCI and the built in Ethernet. However to achieve native Lenovo keyboard function, I had to use Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller kext.  This gave me keyboard function and key remapping but was totally useless for the ELAN touchpad.  It caused the most erratic behavior whenever the pad was touched and could only be halted by rebooting.  I've tried disabling the touchpad, but could accomplish it only through windows.  The issue then was upon reboot the touchpad was again enabled necessitating loading windows to disable.  This is not satisfactory.  To get to the point of this post, i came across your ELAN SmartTouchPad driver version 4.5 final, and hoping this was the answer I tried it out.  I removed the VoodooPS2Controller kext and installed your ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext.  Mavericks boots without complaints, but NO

keyboard function and NO touchpad.  I'm writing this by using an external USB keyboard.

Do you have any advise?  Patch to the ELAN ketch, dsdt patch?

Help is most appreciated.

I've included an IOREG of my system.

keinfenster

Hi,

I used this guide to install El Capitan on my UHD lenovo y50-70 http://www.tonycrapx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-guides/168612-guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html

The only thing I did was installing ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext via Kext Wizard, but now I how troubles with Function keys and Karabiner (ctrl + a etc. and function keys stopped working). I can't find theese files the author is writing about, where can I find kexts that should I delete? Is this going to solve the problem? 

Bartlomiej’s MacBook ProIOREG.zip

config.plist.zip

Guest wujekfester

Ive been using normal my hackintosh with elan touchpad and suddenly my two times tap to for example open folder. to open folder on desktop i need to tap 3 times. 2 times phisical click works but not tap. Also, when i tap once on folder on desktop (its beed selected) then i point on dock and it wont zoom in (ive got that option enabled). ALSO when i klick CMD and TAB, pointer of selected app goes to the last right

edit 02 march:

Im using lastest version of smarttouchpad kext (4.5). Ive change only acceleration mode to 0 and remap gestures

sorry for my english

Hello.

Thanks for providing this kext, the 4.3 version works perfectly on my Asus K53SD. However, I'd like to report a bug for version 4.4.5 and 4.5: the mouse drifts by itself while dragging. This is for clover installation (not in S/L/E but in EFI/CLOVER/kext), and for 10.10 or 10.11.

How to reproduce:

1. Use version 4.4.5 or 4.5

2. Drag something by pressing the left button and move the mouse with the finger.

3. Stop moving the finger, but keep pressing the mouse button.

The object should stop moving, but in fact it drifts in the direction it was moving previously.

Thanks again for the kext