ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hello,

I'm currently using Elan 2.8.3 driver (nothing else seem to make both the keyboard and the touchpad work properly except of using the combination of both 4.3 and 3.8).

Anyway, I've edited the info.plist many times to make the fn keys work properly (brightness and such). It doesn't seem to apply though. I've totally revamped the keys in the plist and it still didn't work, even though the brightness keys works with the combination of 4.3 and 3.8 kexts. 

How can I make the fn keys work as I want them to ?

Thanks.

Greetings, 

This driver is great. Up to 5 finger multitouch works perfectly fine with the Lenovo X240's Synaptics clickpad after some adjustments to the kext's plist file. I could even fix my keyboard layout so finally "0" is in the correct place.

The only thing I can't make work is the backwards/forwards function in Safari, Finder or Photos. Tried different gestures and parameters in the kext but no luck. The system registers the gesture but doesn't work as expected I only hear a sound effect which plays when a function is not available.

I am running the latest El Capitan btw.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Greetings

i recently acquired a Lenovo G50-70 laptop, on which i have successfully installed a dual boot for Windows 7 and Mavericks

10.9.5.  The G50-70 +employs a Haswell i7-4510U Dual Core CPU, 8 gb RAM, 1 TB HD, Intell internal 4400 graphics, Elan

thouchpad and USB mouse.  It also is equipped with Bluetooth, Ethernet (wired) and WiFi.

My concern is with Mavericks. Most hardware is functioning and includes graphics, brightness control, sound (VoodoHDA),

Wired Ethernet (appropriate kext), WiFi (External USB dongle).  My build depends on legacy boot opertion in the BIOS and Chameleon as the boot manager.  I'm using kexts for FakeSMC, AppleCPIBAcklight (working), ACPIBatteryManager (working), GenericUSBXHCI and the built in Ethernet. However to achieve native Lenovo keyboard function, I had to use Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller kext.  This gave me keyboard function and key remapping but was totally useless for the ELAN touchpad.  It caused the most erratic behavior whenever the pad was touched and could only be halted by rebooting.  I've tried disabling the touchpad, but could accomplish it only through windows.  The issue then was upon reboot the touchpad was again enabled necessitating loading windows to disable.  This is not satisfactory.  To get to the point of this post, i came across your ELAN SmartTouchPad driver version 4.5 final, and hoping this was the answer I tried it out.  I removed the VoodooPS2Controller kext and installed your ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext.  Mavericks boots without complaints, but NO

keyboard function and NO touchpad.  I'm writing this by using an external USB keyboard.

Do you have any advise?  Patch to the ELAN ketch, dsdt patch?

Help is most appreciated.

I've included an IOREG of my system.

keinfenster

Hi,

I used this guide to install El Capitan on my UHD lenovo y50-70 http://www.tonycrapx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-guides/168612-guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html

The only thing I did was installing ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext via Kext Wizard, but now I how troubles with Function keys and Karabiner (ctrl + a etc. and function keys stopped working). I can't find theese files the author is writing about, where can I find kexts that should I delete? Is this going to solve the problem? 

Ive been using normal my hackintosh with elan touchpad and suddenly my two times tap to for example open folder. to open folder on desktop i need to tap 3 times. 2 times phisical click works but not tap. Also, when i tap once on folder on desktop (its beed selected) then i point on dock and it wont zoom in (ive got that option enabled). ALSO when i klick CMD and TAB, pointer of selected app goes to the last right

edit 02 march:

Im using lastest version of smarttouchpad kext (4.5). Ive change only acceleration mode to 0 and remap gestures

sorry for my english

Sorry for late reply. Can you try my new version v4.6 and let me know your issues again ? PM me if you have issues.

Hello,

I'm currently using Elan 2.8.3 driver (nothing else seem to make both the keyboard and the touchpad work properly except of using the combination of both 4.3 and 3.8).

Anyway, I've edited the info.plist many times to make the fn keys work properly (brightness and such). It doesn't seem to apply though. I've totally revamped the keys in the plist and it still didn't work, even though the brightness keys works with the combination of 4.3 and 3.8 kexts. 

How can I make the fn keys work as I want them to ?

Thanks.

Try new version v4.6 and let me know if you have issue. PM with your details for beta testing.

Hi, I have some problem with my trakpad after I play with assassin creed brotherhood.The trackpad works until I close the game, after I have to make the pc in stop or reboot it to make it work again.

Greetings, 

This driver is great. Up to 5 finger multitouch works perfectly fine with the Lenovo X240's Synaptics clickpad after some adjustments to the kext's plist file. I could even fix my keyboard layout so finally "0" is in the correct place.

The only thing I can't make work is the backwards/forwards function in Safari, Finder or Photos. Tried different gestures and parameters in the kext but no luck. The system registers the gesture but doesn't work as expected I only hear a sound effect which plays when a function is not available.

I am running the latest El Capitan btw.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Did you read keyboard features thread for ISO layout ? If you have ISO then you need proper layout for 3f left and right swipes. 

Hi EMlyDinEsH. I am using your Smart Touchpad on my Elan deivce. It works well. Thanks very much.But FN + F2 do not work. It should enable/disable  WiFi/BT. I have patched DSDT by your Asus DSDT patches (WiFi BT Toggle Patch (4 toggles) or WiFi BT Toggle Patch (2 toggles)). My laptop is Asus Fx50JK. I used ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and AsusNBFnKeys.kext.

Thanks for the great kext. I am using it on my elan touchpad.

Is there a way to disable it when a mouse is connected?

I have tried the 'Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present' option in accessibility/mouse&trackpad but OS X seems to think its external? the option doesn't have any effect(it does get rid of menus in system preferences/trackpad).

if not possible, is there a way to map a key to disable/enable it?

thanks.