ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

selecting "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" has no affect, touch pad still active. don't know if it's my mis-config or the driver don't support this.

Elan touchpad  , SmartTouchPad_v4.6.

Hi, @EMlyDinEsH

first thanks for your great work!

I have a thinkpad x1 yoga laptop,

the issue i'm facing is that the left,middle right buttons which is above the trackpad are not working see the pic below:

https://www.dropbox....padTrackpad.png

I noticed that pooch5150 on post #712(https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/page-73?hl=thinkpad)also used thinkpad laptop but he didn't mention any button problem
I hope there's a solution to fix it

thanks!

Hi EMlyDinEsH, How are you?

I am one of a *big* fans of your ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext on Dell Precision M3800/XPS9530. The longer I use this driver the more I get impressed by it. 

With the latest v4.6, I cannot wait to test it on my M3800, works great except v4.6 ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext sometimes lose response. The issue mention above has occurred in several scenarios:

1. TouchPad lose response upon sleep

2. TouchPad lose response suddenly during use

3. TouchPad lose response from startup 

All the three scenarios can be fixed by a simply reboot, but v4.5 has no such issue. 

I have tried to change value of DisableTPadOnLIDClose to see if this can solve the issue[see here], but no luck:(

In Sierra, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad cannot perform the function keys normally. And also, I have to enable "SysPref/TouchPad/clicking" each time booting into Sierra to make the touchPad perform clicking normally. 

Here's my log, ioreg and modified Info.plistlog_and_ioreg.zip. I will provide what you want to figure out the issue. 

Again, thanks for this great project, the best TouchPad kext for M3800/XPS9530 I have ever seen! !

Best wishes,

syscl

Hey there :)

Can´t seem to get my Touchpad to work :/

I removed all the kext´s mentioned in your first post.

Installed it with kext utility and rechecked permissions. 

Using driver version 4.6; El Captian 10.11; Acer E1-571G

Tried to use Fn Key Mode 2 (Shift Caps + F9) but nothing.

My keybord works and all seems well when booting in verbose:

- Enhanced Apple PS2 Controller and Keyboard driver v4.6 .............
- Initializing keyboard ...
- Keyboard echo success.
- Keyboard enabled.
- Smart PS2 Touchpad v4.6 Copyright (c) ...........
- Detecting the touchpad ........
- ELAN touchpad found, Hardware version 3 (Firmware version 0x450f01)
- ClickPad? No
- Capabillities query result 0x68, 0x15, 0x0a.
- Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 2508 Y_max 1056, CenterX 1254, CenterY 528.
- Touchpad enabled.

I seen some guy here getting it to work so what am I doing wrong?  :?

Hi,

sometimes my touchpad become unusable and the cursor going to the edge/corner,

my laptop is asus X455LA with Focaltech touchpad running on 10.10.5. currently I'm using Smart Touchpad version 4.5, if I use version 4.6 / 4.6.5 I cant use the touchpad, even in verbose I see Touchpad Enabled

is anyone have same issue with me?

Hi mate! I love your work and I have been using your ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kext on my ASUS X550LD which sports an Elan touchpad quite happily, with ever gesture working, and it works beautiful. My only complaint is that sometimes it simply won't load, and keyboard and touchpad become unusable. A reboot fixes that. This problem that I described only seems to happen with OS X Mavericks, after Yosemite your kext never ever fails. I want to stay in Mavericks for many reasons, and I would love if you could look into that.

The main reason I am posting here is because of another hack of mine:

Lenovo Thinkpad L420 with which I used VoodooPS2 Controller RehabMan fork and many others and they work well, but 4 out of 5 times it simply won't load, and I have to reboot. As you understand this is not really an acceptable situation. So I decided to use your kext, and it works ( I am on OS X Mavericks by the way)   :D

It loads every single time, and it loads 4 out of 5 times after a sleep cycle, which is so much better than Voodoo

Thing is, the touchpad doesn't really function perfect and the keyboard simply stops working sometimes. Every 1 finger, 2 finger and 3 finger gesture works. I assume by the size of the touchpad that is not worth to have 4 finger action. Problem is, sensitivity is low, and the mouse seems to be a bit unprecise and unresponsive. There also seems to be a big deadzone, near the edges of the touchpad. The left and right buttons only respond when you click on the far end with a lot of strength and the function of tapping to click either with one or two fingers works really terrible (this didn't happen in Voodoo).

Here goes ioreg with v4.6.5

I wonder if you can do anything about this. Thanks 

systemlog and ioreg.zip

Hi, I'm vavoli. I've tested 4.6.5 and it works on Sierra. The only problem is that I've no prefpane in touchpad so cannot configure it. The kext is in S/L/E with kext wizard. Thanks for any advice and for your work that surely will have a donation. Excuse for my English. I'm Italian.