ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi,

im using your latest (4.6.5) kext with my ASUS UX305FA. There are some bugs that already mentioned by everyone, like sierra's trackpad.prefpane that doesn't work, can not call mission control/launchpad/etc, capslock problem, etc.

but another problem is, i cannot manually change 2 fingers tap to do right click from plist. if i do so, then 2 fingers tap will stop working at all.

i also tried 10.11 prefpane and checked "tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click", but nothing happen

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

Thank you for the great Touchpad driver. I'd like to report a Bug from my T440s with Synaptics Clickpad, OSX 10.11.6, Clover Revision 3811.

Whats working:

Pointing, 2fScrolling and 2,3,4,5 Clicks works quite well.

The 3 Finger Swipe upwards is the only gesture which i can use. 

The 2 Fingers zoom gesture is working

Whats not working:

All other swiping gestures are not working on my Laptop, so i cant use for example the 3 fingers swipes except the one mentioned above.

I attached u the system.log and the ioreg.

Greetings,

HrSei

logsAndioreg.zip

I'd like to submit another Bug:

Sometimes the Touchpad pointing stops working. i'm able to use the clicks, but the mousecursor stops moving. system.log says this:

20.11.16 11:23:30,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Data timeout for scroll acceleration -1088281167 ns.

20.11.16 11:23:30,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Reconnecting the touchpad ........
20.11.16 11:23:31,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Synaptics touchpad found.
20.11.16 11:23:31,000 kernel[0]: STD :: Touchpad enabled.

looks like it has something to do with scrolling. i have a customized touchpad config.plist. i attached it to  with the complete system.log.

in the touchpad config plist the swipes are deactivated as they are not working on my system (see post above)

My System:

T440s with Synaptics Clickpad, OSX 10.11.6, Clover Revision 3811.

Thanks for reading (-:

touchpad_crash_synaptics_t440s.zip

Hi,

im using your latest (4.6.5) kext with my ASUS UX305FA. There are some bugs that already mentioned by everyone, like sierra's trackpad.prefpane that doesn't work, can not call mission control/launchpad/etc, capslock problem, etc.

but another problem is, i cannot manually change 2 fingers tap to do right click from plist. if i do so, then 2 fingers tap will stop working at all.

i also tried 10.11 prefpane and checked "tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click", but nothing happen

I'm having the same issue.  I would like to change 2 FingersTapping to do 21 (Right Click).  This doesn't seem to work. Did you find a solution? 

For now, my solution:

1. Use the latest beta (4.7 beta 3)

2. Use elcapitan trackpad.prefpane

3. Use ioio and launchdaemon method to keep the settings after reboot

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hey EMlyDinEsH, 4.7 Beta 3 finally got Launchpad, Mission Control, etc. working on my ASUS X555LB-NS51.  Thanks!

There is a problem I am experiencing, however: finger tapping doesn't work until I open the trackpad prefpane.  And after I open the prefpane, only 1-finger tapping seems to work.  Two+ finger tapping seems unresponsive.

I am on 10.12.1.  Thanks for your work!

I'm using the version 4.2 of your driver and one feature that doesn't seem to work is:

When I go into Accessibility Preferences/Mouse and Trackpad/ and check

"Ignore built in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present", it has no effect. When my mouse is plugged in, the trackpad is still active.

I'm on El Capitan 10.11.3

Thank you for all your great work on this driver

Sid