ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi mate! I love your work and I have been using your ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kext on my ASUS X550LD which sports an Elan touchpad quite happily, with ever gesture working, and it works beautiful. My only complaint is that sometimes it simply won't load, and keyboard and touchpad become unusable. A reboot fixes that. This problem that I described only seems to happen with OS X Mavericks, after Yosemite your kext never ever fails. I want to stay in Mavericks for many reasons, and I would love if you could look into that.

The main reason I am posting here is because of another hack of mine:

Lenovo Thinkpad L420 with which I used VoodooPS2 Controller RehabMan fork and many others and they work well, but 4 out of 5 times it simply won't load, and I have to reboot. As you understand this is not really an acceptable situation. So I decided to use your kext, and it works ( I am on OS X Mavericks by the way)   :D

It loads every single time, and it loads 4 out of 5 times after a sleep cycle, which is so much better than Voodoo
Thing is, the touchpad doesn't really function perfect and the keyboard simply stops working sometimes. Every 1 finger, 2 finger and 3 finger gesture works. I assume by the size of the touchpad that is not worth to have 4 finger action. Problem is, sensitivity is low, and the mouse seems to be a bit unprecise and unresponsive. There also seems to be a big deadzone, near the edges of the touchpad. The left and right buttons only respond when you click on the far end with a lot of strength and the function of tapping to click either with one or two fingers works really terrible (this didn't happen in Voodoo).
Here goes ioreg with v4.6.5

I wonder if you can do anything about this. Thanks 

Could you PM me for a debug session ? 

I'm having the same issue.  I would like to change 2 FingersTapping to do 21 (Right Click).  This doesn't seem to work. Did you find a solution? 

Working on a fix. Will be fixed in next build I will upload tomorrow. 

hello

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8285-refined-alps-touchpad-driver/page-37

i found this kext for ALPS has make the Touchpad prefpane  loads on Sierra and setting are saved.

can we learned form this kext?

Thanks for sharing, I know about this, but currently I am working on my own prefpane instead (still early). Will take a look at that approach also if possible.

I'm using the version 4.2 of your driver and one feature that doesn't seem to work is:

When I go into Accessibility Preferences/Mouse and Trackpad/ and check

"Ignore built in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present", it has no effect. When my mouse is plugged in, the trackpad is still active.

I'm on El Capitan 10.11.3

Thank you for all your great work on this driver

Sid

My driver does not support that.

Hey EMlyDinEsH, 4.7 Beta 3 finally got Launchpad, Mission Control, etc. working on my ASUS X555LB-NS51.  Thanks!

There is a problem I am experiencing, however: finger tapping doesn't work until I open the trackpad prefpane.  And after I open the prefpane, only 1-finger tapping seems to work.  Two+ finger tapping seems unresponsive.

I am on 10.12.1.  Thanks for your work!

Prefpane still acting strange, will try to find a good solution asp. For now, we have to use workarounds. Also try adding prefpane to startup items and see as some users said it works like that.

Thanks

I'd like to submit another Bug:

Sometimes the Touchpad pointing stops working. i'm able to use the clicks, but the mousecursor stops moving. system.log says this:

looks like it has something to do with scrolling. i have a customized touchpad config.plist. i attached it to  with the complete system.log.

in the touchpad config plist the swipes are deactivated as they are not working on my system (see post above)

My System:

Thanks for reading (-:

Plz PM me as your problem is know and its still not fixed due to beta user failed to help me out when i was fixing. 

Hi ! 

I'm searching a way to set 2FingerTap as Right Click on my Synaptic Touchpad, so I wanted to modify info.plist with Plist Editor Pro. Unfortunately, I can't find the identifier of right click (that should be between 0 and 23 no ?).
Can you enlighten me please ?

Thanks a lot :D  

Hi ! 

I'm searching a way to set 2FingerTap as Right Click on my Synaptic Touchpad, so I wanted to modify info.plist with Plist Editor Pro. Unfortunately, I can't find the identifier of right click (that should be between 0 and 23 no ?).

Can you enlighten me please ?

Thanks a lot :D

Hey, thought I'd try help out as I struggled with this too. The list doesn't seem to have the right numbers for some parts.

The right click is actually 33, middle is 34 and left is 35.

Hope that helps you,

Zach

• Like 1

Hey, I'd also like to request some help.

I have OSX 10.12.2, using Clover to boot, with all kexts installed to /S/L/E.

I'm using the latest version of your driver, 4.7 beta 5.

Attached are my system log, ioreg, and my custom plist.

Currently I have the following working.

• Pointing
  • One finger single/double tap
  • Two finger tap
  • Three finger tap
  • Four finger tap
  • Five finger tap - makes the weird error noise? I think I need a shortcut.
  • Two finger scroll horizontal/vertical, and edge circular scroll
  • Four finger swipes

Unfortunately the following don't seem to work as I'd configured.

• Pinch to zoom
  • Rotate
  • Three finger swipes
  • Finger presses

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you,

Zach

syslog-ioreg-plist.zip

Emily, I have the same problem as herrshi. If the other beta tester flaked out on you I would be more than willing to assist! It is indeed caused by scrolling I'm almost 95% sure. I have an Elan Touchpad in my ATIV book 8. It stops responding if I accidentally scroll. The weird thing is i've figured out if I do a four finger push on the trackpad the mouse will usually resume. My hackintosh setup is perfect except for this touchpad it's driving me crazy. Let me know what I need to do and I will do it!

I'm using Elan V2 kext seeing as the others crash my pc!