ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Kext is working great for me, well done and thanks.  The only issue I have is that my device has volume controls on the keyboard, but also hardware volume control keys on the side.  The keyboard volume keys work OTB, but I am having difficulty figuring out what scan codes to send for the ACPI volume keys.  I've tried all the "standard" PS2 codes I can find without success.  Does anyone which codes to use?  I know the problem isn't my ACPI methods, just for kicks I set them to send the brightness controls and that works fine.  Thanks is advance!

Hi, I just updated to 10.12.2, really strange bug, sometimes my touchpad become totally crazy, moving and clicking alone, or just unresponsive. Most of the time it's working well, do you know why ? I read that it could be due to outdated drivers, but I'm using the 4.7 beta. Any idea ? Thanks ! 

Hi friends, attached I post ioregs and system logs like Elmydynesh proposes, 

I am running on a Lenovo Thinkpad L420, Synaptics 7.2 i think Core i5, 4GB Ram, AR9285, OS: Clover bootloader and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 with your kext 4.7 beta 5

post-80667-0-49332400-1485431284_thumb.png

Mostly everything works properly, thing is that it works because I lowered the necessary pressure for 1 finger tap, but even the solid left and right keys of the trackpad only work if you press real hard... 2 finger tap and scrolling works nice but again, the pressure should be less you have to really drag those two fingers hard xD 

3 finger up for Mission Control, 3 finger Left or Right Switch between desktops as I wanted which is really cool.

I wonder if you could help and perfect that a little with the pressure.

Also, double tapping for drag and 2 finger tap for right click doesnt work very well and the trackpoint (little red ball in the keyboard that is also a mouse) and the 3 corresponding buttons do not work.

The main issue for me is that after sleep the trackpad starts working good like normal, but after a couple mouse strokes or gestures, it happens two things: 

Either the trackpad stops working and the keyboard remains on

Either the computer does a sudden reboot after the trackpad stopped working

So I am unable to use sleep with your kext ( that I love so much more than Vooodoo)

Note that prior to the installation of your kext the computer slept like a charm.

trackpad not working keyboard yes.zip

trackpad working.zip

thanks for the excellent driver.

on my toshiba kira 10d hackintosh i have some strange problem, and i dont really understand why. i am using sierra and the latest beta (and the beta-3 for checking) the first time the driver was loaded, and everything did work perfectly. after some reboots (and *maybe* booting linux and/or editing minor dsdt things) the trackpad simply stopped working. very noticable was a very long delay at roughly 90% of the "loading statusbar" just before login (maybe 1 minute). after 2-3 reboots, the keyboard stopped working too. now even reinstalling the kext does not change anything. the driver is loaded, i can see it with kextstat, but it doesnt work. i also did not see any ...ps2... messages in dmesg. this happened now for the second time. is this kind of behaviour already known? did my booting into linux or editing dsdt (again: minor things for sound and sleep) did change anything?

thanks again!

edit: actually the driver tells me kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Failed to reset the touchpad to default state.

before it did work
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Detecting the touchpad...
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Synaptics touchpad found.
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Touchpad model: 1, FW version: 8.1, ID: 0x1e2b1, Capabilities: 0xd00223/0x840300/0x12e800, Board id: 3091, FW id: 1787431.
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: ClickPad? Yes

anyone a clue why now initializing (all of. sudden?) does not work anymore?
it is also very consistent, i.e. not like sometime it works, other times it doesn't.

Hey, 
I'm using the last version from you (beta 5)

When I scroll up or down with two fingers, the windows are maximize or change to little view .. and also the swipes with 3 fingers does not work to use multiple desktops.

It would be great if you could solve this.

Also it would be great if you could improve the feature on web browsing that the site can scrolling more up and down. This is a great hook,

Best Regards and Thanks for your work

hi

i want to post my issue, using sierra 10.12.2 and latest version of your touchpad (beta 5)

after some time, the touchpad shows unresponsive pointer and related function

and then in a few minutes, the touchpad stopped working at all, I've to use mouse

thank you,