ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Yep, I wonder if you even require the K/B backlight patch in your SSDT. Did you try your K/B backlight w/o it ?

Yep, I don't think that there are any clover patches for K/B backlight, hence "hotpatching" is not really relevant here.

Believe me, if I could find clover patches for the K/B backlight, I'd try 'em !

Hey, if you can compile my DSDT from the command line but not from a GUI tool, what does that tell you about the tool ? Lol !

It's not the number of warnings and remarks so much as types that matter. Unused vars are no biggie, right ?

But what are u gonna do with my DSDT after you compile it anyway ?

My ATKD.SKBL() and ATKD.GKBL() came from a well published patch by the author of this kext and are pretty much identical to yours and all others that I have seen. My DSDT does not have the "KBLV" variable, it has "KBLD" so I changed KBLV to KBLD in the patch code rather than rename KBLD throughout my DSDT to KBLV.  That's pretty obvious if u inspect at my DSDT source. While I agree that every tool possible should be considered to hack these pcs, I would prefer not to lose sight of the importance of being as familiar as possible with the ins and outs of direct DSDT modding. I believe that this is still central to full success.

Yes, I absolutely agree that figuring out the proper PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM address seems key right now.

Unfortunately, that thread proposes 2 addresses that I have already tried, the one that you use, for Haswell-based Asus and the other, for a Broadwell-based Asus. My Q500a is a generation older than yours, Ivy-bridge. So perhaps my secret door lies at yet another memory address.

Might be time to do some snooping on the Windows side using RWEverthing or Aida64 ...

Anyway, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve and so the hunt goes on. If I get the keyboard backlight then I will have a near perfect HackBook Pro.

Sleep, SpeedStep, video acceleration, USB2, USB3, internal speakers, HDMI video and audio, WiFi, ethernet, all other FKeys, WebCam, sD card reader, etc.

Just the microphone and K/B backlight remain.

Thanks again for attention and good luck in your projects !

I Have a Lenovo Y50-70 (High Sierra) with ELAN. I delete voodooPs2 kext, and install (via kext utility) Smartouchpad 4,7 beta 5 , but I can't use double tap until i don't click on the correlated voice in prefpane (each time) and the cursor is instable... like if it "jumps", not big moves/jumps, but it never be stopped. How can I fix it?

Aloha -

Happy to report that there was a happy ending to this saga. In hindsight, this was probably not the appropriate topic under which to discuss a keyboard backlight issue. I moved the issue over to another topic and did ultimately get it figured out.

Just in case anyone else finds themselves here looking for a solution to a nonworking keyboard backlight on an Asus laptop - particularly, the Asus Q500a ...

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1968-fn-hotkey-and-als-sensor-driver-for-asus-notebooks/page-50&do=findComment&comment=78209

But all keyboard backlight issues are probably best researched over there along with other matters specifically involving the function keys on Asus laptops.

Ciao

hello. I'm using msi ge60 2pl apache laptop and using applepd2smarttouchpad ver4.7 beta5. I checked in window manager. it show my keyboard is ps/2 keyboard. ur kext worked for me, but is there any way to use Fn key as normal keyboard (not using shif+caps lock)?

your set up with sift+caps lock + key is perfect. but when I'm using fn+F3 or special key from my keyboard it alway turn on/Off sound. or when I press Fn F6 to turn on/off my camera, it alway become brightness up.
hope u help me fix it. thank you very much (and sorry for my bad English)

I hope new update will have an option to make fn work as shift + caps, so we can chose method to use shift + caps or fn or contex menu

PS: my keyboard look like attached. fn+f3 and special key which have yellow led alway turn on/off sound. fn+f4, fn+f6 alway become up/down brightness. fn+f10 not work but it not important. fn+f12 worked. all of another working perfectly.

msi-ge60-2pl-801xvn-apache-core-i5-4210h-gtx-850m-hinh-3.jpg

AeroMac.ioreg

Hello, 

I have an Aero 15x V8 Laptop with an Elan PS2 Touchpad. I'm on High Sierra 10.13.5

I use this driver which works with my trackpad and allow to access Sysprefs>Trackpad Options.

However, i have 2 issues : 

-The trackpad often freezes for 1-2 seconds, especially after clicking but not only.

-The options made on Sysprefs>Trackpad are working but not upon reboot. (For example if i check double finger tap=contextual menu, it works. But upon reboot it doesn't work anymore. If i open Sysprefs>Trackpad, the option is still checked. If i uncheck et recheck the option, it works again... until reboot).

I've tried v4.5, v4.6.5, v4.7 beta 5

Anyone having the same issue? Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

i finished install mojave all things work ,but when move pointer by tarkpad or mouse
i see not sensitivity and inexactness and Deviation in motion

i am used app cursersence for make mouse and tarckpad better 
my mose is better now 
but i cant found tarckpad in list devices in app to change setting for it 
plz help me

my laptop hp probook 450 g5 i7

pad: Synaptics HID ClickPad

Hid complaint mouse

PS/2 Compatible

2.png

3.png

1.png

Hello I installed catalina using opencore. if i apply applesmarttrackpad kext touchpad shows in preference but keyboard and trackpad both won't work and if i use voodoops2 only my keyboard works, my touchpad doesn't work. i have elan touchpad. Please help..........