ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

1) Normally !! i just move my cursor and suddenly i got this issue (video)

2) Os X 10.10.3 - Clover 3202 - Ive try elan 3.8.5 4.0.5(with those is frequently and rapidly got the issue!!) and smarttouchpad 4.2 (4.3 i dont take enough time to try cause my mouse becoming laggy)

3) Attached files

4) N/A but i have patched DSDT and SSDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz9HNr71SoM

Thank you for your help!! 

ioreg.zip

DSDT SSDT.zip

system.log.zip

post-78163-0-06423100-1432493906_thumb.png

Hi Emly, I have the Gigabyte p35w v2 laptop with elan touched. Touchpad works great and keyboard too except one issue: both the down and up screen brightness key acts the same by lowering the screen brightness. In other words, the up key does the down action too. After much troubleshooting here: http://goo.gl/MfR2U1

Rehabman deciphered that the issue was that both ps2 F14 and Acpi signals were being sent by the keyboard and in order to get it to work properly, we had to make a dsdt patch for the two keys:

into method label _Q28 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0205)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0285)\n
end;

into method label _Q30 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0206)\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0286)\n

end;

and disable the ps2 action as it was interfering with the Acpi action. 

The ps2 action that needed to be ignored was 65 and this was able to be done by adding it into the custom keymap of voodoops2keyboard

65=80 (80 is nothing)

but I couldn't find that functionality here and this is the only kext that gives me working trackpad. 

This was all done on OS X 10.10.3 but I don't think the OS X version really matters with this case. If you could implement this into the keyboard driver or implement a way that I could use voodoo keyboard with your touchpad driver that would be great. Thanks!

Hi Emly, 

1) Fn+F9 keys doesn't disable the touchpad (all other fn keys are working as expected). In my DSDT, I renamed _WED method to WED to get others Fn keys to work. If I don't rename it, no Fn keys work except Fn+F9 (this is the only way to get it to work).

I used the patches you provide "Optional_Fn_key_patches_alt" and "KeyboardBacklight_Patch.txt" (I attached them with logs).

Kexts are installed in Clover/kexts.

2) OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Clover (3215), ApplePS2SmartTouchpad V4.3 + AsusNBFnKeys V2.4, Laptop : Asus N76VZ.

4) I just edit some preferences like gestures inside Smart touchpad kext and Fn key kext. Nothing special. I joined them if you need more details.

Thanks !

Files.zip

1F can move,but can not click and tap.

1F tapping and clicking not work. 2F and other work good.

Me too have the same issue. I would normally post the required info but i guess its general issue not related to my setup. Thanks for the hard working!

Hi, I noticed that assigning Values 6 and 7 to the touchpad preferences doesn't have any effect.

I was trying to enable Switching Spaces by four fingers right and left swiping.

I know this can be achieved by performing the gesture in Keyboard shortcuts, but I want both, a keyboard shortcut (CMD+1 and CMD+2) by working with a mouse as well as swiping to have more comfort and flexibility. 

Is this a bug or not possible?

Thanks very much

Hi, I noticed that assigning Values 6 and 7 to the touchpad preferences doesn't have any effect.

I was trying to enable Switching Spaces by four fingers right and left swiping.

I know this can be achieved by performing the gesture in Keyboard shortcuts, but I want both, a keyboard shortcut (CMD+1 and CMD+2) by working with a mouse as well as swiping to have more comfort and flexibility. 

Is this a bug or not possible?

Thanks very much

Going to need to provide more information: what version of SmartTouchpad are you using, and what trackpad do you use? A simple way to provide this is opening the terminal and entering this command:

sudo dmesg |grep -y std
Additionally, please post your modified plist from SmartTouchpad.

I can confirm that assigning values 6 and 7 to swipes does work on the latest (and all versions I've tried) on an Elan v4 touchpad.

Hello, i have a problem with double tapping and two finger tap (right click). It works maybe at 60% success but sometimes it did nothing. Currently i have version 4.4 Elan V2 on Yosemite 10.10.4. I found out that the problem is in maybe 2-4 version back because now i tried to restore from Time Machine version 3.3 which is the first version that support élan V2 and it works perfect. I also tried change many of thing in plist that could be related to this but nothing helps. So something has changed since version 3.3 that affect it. Maybe someone else have this problem with ELAN V2.

Configs V 3.3 and V 4.4

Configs_V3.3_V4.4.zip

Hello, i have a problem with double tapping and two finger tap (right click). It works maybe at 60% success but sometimes it did nothing. Currently i have version 4.4 Elan V2 on Yosemite 10.10.4. I found out that the problem is in maybe 2-4 version back because now i tried to restore from Time Machine version 3.3 which is the first version that support élan V2 and it works perfect. I also tried change many of thing in plist that could be related to this but nothing helps. So something has changed since version 3.3 that affect it. Maybe someone else have this problem with ELAN V2.

Configs V 3.3 and V 4.4

attachicon.gifConfigs_V3.3_V4.4.zip

Elan v2 hasn't received nearly the attention of the other trackpads in recent versions, however I have a v2 trackpad on one of my older machines, and since 4.3 I've had good (but not perfect) support.

For your two finger tap, you might try incrementally lowering/raising this value in the driver's plist to see if you find a value that works for you. Maybe 3-5 steps at a time.

<key>MulFingTapMaxDelta</key>
<integer>55</integer>

Failing that, 4.4.5 should be released soon; try that.