AppleHDA Binary Patching

EMlyDinEsH

Hi,

I've followed your guide to patch my appleHDA for an ALC270 for my Asus S550 but I'm not able to finish patching it because I'm missing some data from the code_dump.txt information.

I generated the codedump file with unbuntu 12.04 and I've tested that both speakers and mic (internal and jack) work properly in unbuntu, so the driver is detecting the ALC270 properly.

My problem starts when extracting the Pin Complex nodes, since I only identify three, two for output (speaker -> 0x14 and headphones -> 0x21) but only one for mic (internal mic -> 0x12). I'm missing the external mic node.

Furthermore, in the Pin Complex Node 0x12 for the internal mic, there is no connection: field so I don't know where to connect to.

Thus, up to now, the PathMaps that I'm able to draft are:

3->13->20 (speaker)

2->12->33 (headphones)

However, if I generate a Codec Graph, I get the following PathMap for the mic inputs:

18->34->9 (0x12 - 0x22 - 0x09 Internal Mic)

29->35->8 (0x18 - 0x23 - 0x8 External Mic)

Is that layout correct? If so, what pin Default should I use for the External Mic?

Here you have my codedump and codecgraph files.

Sound_dump.txt

Sound.txt.svg.zip

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

Here you have also the regedit dump from windows 8 just in case is of any help:

CodeDumpWIndows Regedit.txt

Hi, I tried to patch that myself but I can't really get it to work.

I'm the kind of person who prefer doing things themself but...

well, I ask you for help

I tried the files you patched for N53SM (I have an N53SV) as well, mic works but I can't hear anything

with my dsdt AppleHDA doesn't load at all, and I can't understand why as HDEF seems patched correctly.

thank you

EDIT: Forgot saying I'm on ML

Archivio.zip

Hi, I tried to patch that myself but I can't really get it to work.

I'm the kind of person who prefer doing things themself but...

well, I ask you for help

I tried the files you patched for N53SM (I have an N53SV) as well, mic works but I can't hear anything

with my dsdt AppleHDA doesn't load at all, and I can't understand why as HDEF seems patched correctly.

thank you

EDIT: Forgot saying I'm on ML

test and feedback

Archivio.zip

Hi,

I've followed your guide to patch my appleHDA for an ALC270 for my Asus S550 but I'm not able to finish patching it because I'm missing some data from the code_dump.txt information.

I generated the codedump file with unbuntu 12.04 and I've tested that both speakers and mic (internal and jack) work properly in unbuntu, so the driver is detecting the ALC270 properly.

My problem starts when extracting the Pin Complex nodes, since I only identify three, two for output (speaker -> 0x14 and headphones -> 0x21) but only one for mic (internal mic -> 0x12). I'm missing the external mic node.

Furthermore, in the Pin Complex Node 0x12 for the internal mic, there is no connection: field so I don't know where to connect to.

Thus, up to now, the PathMaps that I'm able to draft are:

3->13->20 (speaker)

2->12->33 (headphones)

However, if I generate a Codec Graph, I get the following PathMap for the mic inputs:

18->34->9 (0x12 - 0x22 - 0x09 Internal Mic)

29->35->8 (0x18 - 0x23 - 0x8 External Mic)

Is that layout correct? If so, what pin Default should I use for the External Mic?

Here you have my codedump and codecgraph files.

attachicon.gifSound_dump.txt

attachicon.gifSound.txt.svg.zip

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

Here you have also the regedit dump from windows 8 just in case is of any help:

attachicon.gifCodeDumpWIndows Regedit.txt

Test and feedback

Gonzzo.zip