Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Fix keyboard backlight not auto wake when wake on LID. Must apply this patch first https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1968-fn-hotkey-driver-for-asus-notebooks/?p=23959

Add to _LID Method:

If (LEqual (Local0, One))
                {
                    ^^ATKD.SKBL (0x03)
                }

Like this:

Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)  // _LID: Lid Status
            {
                Store (One, Local0)
                Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x46), Local0)
                If (LEqual (Local0, Ones))
                {
                    Store (One, Local0)
                }

If (And (VGAF, One))
                {
                    Store (One, ^^PCI0.IGPU.CLID)
                }

{
                    ^^ATKD.SKBL (0x03)
                }

Return (Local0)
            }

Fix keyboard backlight not auto wake when wake on LID. Must apply this patch first https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1968-fn-hotkey-driver-for-asus-notebooks/?p=23959

Add to _LID Method:

{
                    ^^ATKD.SKBL (0x03)
                }

Like this:

Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)  // _LID: Lid Status
            {
                Store (One, Local0)
                Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x46), Local0)
                If (LEqual (Local0, Ones))
                {
                    Store (One, Local0)
                }

If (And (VGAF, One))
                {
                    Store (One, ^^PCI0.IGPU.CLID)
                }

{
                    ^^ATKD.SKBL (0x03)
                }

Return (Local0)
            }

That is not even needed... The DSDT handles the backlight by itself when it wakes. Take a look at the EC0W method. All you are doing is setting the backlight to the maximum when the lid is being opened.

That is not even needed... The DSDT handles the backlight by itself when it wakes. Take a look at the EC0W method. All you are doing is setting the backlight to the maximum when the lid is being opened.

But my keyboard backlight always off when lid open, work fine if wake by power button. I dont want use Fn + F4 to turn it on :).

Update: After check the EC0W method, i find out the way to make it work as it should be. Now when open lid, the keyboard backlight accurately restore the state before sleep. Thanks for your suggestion.

Search:

WRAM (0x044B, KBBR)

Repace:

If (LGreater (KBBR, Zero))
                {
                    WRAM (0x044B, KBBR)
                }
                Else
                {
                    WRAM (0x044B, KLDT)
                }

@EMlyDinEsH,

Problem solved from my post above.  I'm not exactly sure why I could not get this to work, but AREOS helped me from the fermi freeze thread over at insanelymac.  He provided the driver and the DSDT edits which were the same as mine.  Was I suppose to enable anything in the driver before using it?

Thanks

@EMlyDinEsH,

Problem solved from my post above.  I'm not exactly sure why I could not get this to work, but AREOS helped me from the fermi freeze thread over at insanelymac.  He provided the driver and the DSDT edits which were the same as mine.  Was I suppose to enable anything in the driver before using it?

Thanks

Which driver you are using to solve this problem? Yes, there are some configuration details in my driver for some models. Let me see the driver and dsdt which solved your problem.

But my keyboard backlight always off when lid open, work fine if wake by power button. I dont want use Fn + F4 to turn it on :).

Update: After check the EC0W method, i find out the way to make it work as it should be. Now when open lid, the keyboard backlight accurately restore the state before sleep. Thanks for your suggestion.

Search:

WRAM (0x044B, KBBR)

Repace:

If (LGreater (KBBR, Zero))
                {
                    WRAM (0x044B, KBBR)
                }
                Else
                {
                    WRAM (0x044B, KLDT)
                }

Can you share your dsdt so i can add this to our EDP database for other users? Also is your LID sleep working with vanilla ACPIxxx kext of 10.9 along with fn + f7?

Which driver you are using to solve this problem? Yes, there are some configuration details in my driver for some models. Let me see the driver and dsdt which solved your problem.

DSDT is the same as I posted earlier but just added section below which had nothing to do with LCD brightness anyhow.  Had to change LPCB to SBRG since that is the device by default in my DSDT.  I would have to change all references to SBRG to LPCB and not sure if I need to do that for OSX Mavericks or not?

Method (SKBL, 1, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Arg0, Local0)
                Store (DerefOf (Index (PWKB, Local0)), Local1)
                ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x044B, Local1)
                Return (One)
            }

Driver attached but see link below for additional information regarding it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291300-fermi-freeze-investigation/?p=1957433

dsdt.aml.zip

drivers.zip