Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Sorry for the late reply but i was busy. Here's your dsdt patched from the scratch for everything including Fn keys, HDMI and nvidia GPU. Give it a try and let me know.

PS: use the attached boot.plist as well along with the dsdt i'm sending.

You are awesome! Theres just a couple glitches like sound through the internal speakers don't work until i sleep and wakeup which must mean the EAPD is not woken on boot but only after sleep. And then a minor thing is under sys profiler, the gpu name is shown as nVidia GPU,,,,,, 1024 MB instead of nvidia geforce gtx 460m 1536 mb. 

You are awesome!

You are awesome! Theres just a couple glitches like sound through the internal speakers don't work until i sleep and wakeup which must mean the EAPD is not woken on boot but only after sleep. And then a minor thing is under sys profiler, the gpu name is shown as nVidia GPU,,,,,, 1024 MB instead of nvidia geforce gtx 460m 1536 mb. 

You are awesome!

I tried adding the gnu name into the dsdt but it won't compile...i added it to where the gpu is located in PEG0 but no luck. Do you have an idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!

**EDIT** Never mind i fixed the GPU name! I was adding the name in the wrong place! :oops:  However, the EAPD doesn't activate until i sleep which is the opposite of everybody else problem! :shock:  Is there a way to add the EAPD wakeup in the dsdt after reboot?

Thanks!

Hi EMlyDinEsH, I have an ASUS G74SX with backlight keyboard and Media buttons so after search for the solution I found this forum (I thanks good for that) I make all the DSDT edits posted here and installed your kext I tried 1.4 and Zeenbook but none of them work :(. Did I screw something? I select Yes on booth HasKeyboardBLight and HasMediaButtons.

The Screen BackLight control doest work either. I get this on log

Fn+F6=

25/05/13 01:52:51.000 kernel[0]: FN KEYS SENT: 2 2

25/05/13 01:52:51.582 BezelServices 236.3[41]: ASSERTION FAILED: _iicBrightnessEngine && ourEvent.displayID != 0 -[bezelServicesTask handleCGSEvent:] line: 1557

Fn+F5

25/05/13 01:52:54.000 kernel[0]: FN KEYS SENT: 3 3
25/05/13 01:52:54.921 BezelServices 236.3[41]: ASSERTION FAILED: _iicBrightnessEngine && ourEvent.displayID != 0 -[bezelServicesTask handleCGSEvent:] line: 1570

This machine has and NVDIA GTX560M and no HD3000 at all, this still could work or is only for integrated GPU´s?

and I really really, like to had light come out my keyboard :) Could you please help me???

I got this with your kext

Fn+F1=Sleep

Fn+F2=Wi-Fi ON/OFF

Fn+F3/Fn+F4= Not Working

Fn+F5/Fn+F6= Not Working either

Fn+F7=Freeze I had to reboot 

Fn+F8=Freeze I had to reboot

Fn+F9=Not working

Fn+F10= Mute with Animation

Fn+F11=Volume Down with Animation

Fn+F12=Volume Up with Animation

Fn+ Up= Stop

Fn+ Down=Play/Pause

Fn+Right= Forward 

Fn+Left= Rewind

I post my DSDT with all my edits (some name edits, basic patch, Graphics patch for HDMI, and Battery to use vanilla ACPI kexts), I also attach my Vanilla DSDt for compare.

As soon I get paid I will donate to support all the hard work!!!

Thanks!!!!

Hi Agustin,

I have a G74Sx i7-2670QM at 2.2GHz and GTX560M, OSX 10.9 instaled, can't put my backlight working, neither the display light control, the fn keys 5 and 6 are diplaiyng animation but the screen dosn't chang, can u help?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys. I can't fix error for methods _Q0E and _Q0F which is:

(_Q0E, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (ATKP)

{

^^^^ATKD.IANE (0x20)

} 

}

Error    4065 -                                                                                                                                         Object not found or not accessible from scope ^  (^^^^ATKD.IANE)

/Users/frost/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl  9075:         Method (_Q0F, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (ATKP)

{

^^^^ATKD.IANE (0x10)

} 

}

Error    4065 -                                                                                                                                         Object not found or not accessible from scope ^  (^^^^ATKD.IANE)

HELP me please!!!

Hello EMlyDinEsH!

Can you make the universal binary (i386/x86_64) AsusNBFnKeys kext?
i can't use 64 kernel & extensions because i've intel gma x3100. :|

My kext is only for Asus notebooks, is that GMAx3100 is from Asus notebook? let me see your dsdt and ioreg file plz.

I tried adding the gnu name into the dsdt but it won't compile...i added it to where the gpu is located in PEG0 but no luck. Do you have an idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!

**EDIT** Never mind i fixed the GPU name! I was adding the name in the wrong place! :oops:  However, the EAPD doesn't activate until i sleep which is the opposite of everybody else problem! :shock:  Is there a way to add the EAPD wakeup in the dsdt after reboot?

Thanks!

There is an EAPD fix in projects section which i've developed if you have Realtek audio chip. 

Hi there,

i tried to get your awesome kext (thanks in advance!!!) work on my Asus N61JQ, but it won't work.

brightness control (fn+f5/f6) works from stock. any idea how to fix that. is it even possible?

os version is mavericks 10.9

dsdt is attached!

I've checked your dsdt and found that you have not applied brightness keys dsdt fix i've provided in the first post. So, try to apply that fix and check again.

Hi Agustin,

I have a G74Sx i7-2670QM at 2.2GHz and GTX560M, OSX 10.9 instaled, can't put my backlight working, neither the display light control, the fn keys 5 and 6 are diplaiyng animation but the screen dosn't chang, can u help?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have PNLF patch in dsdt for brightness control?also you need backlight control flags in GPU _DSM method for that. Let me see your dsdt and ioreg file so i can help you with that.