Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Hi, just to inform you that your kext works well on the last Zenbook UX32LN (Haswell Core I5-4200U, Nvidia Optimus disable in DSDT). However, one question (someone asked also about some times ago) : there is no possibility to enable bezel when you use Fn Keyboard Backlight key ? The other ones work well (screen and sound) but it is perhaps because we use "native" Apple kext for that ?

Nope, we can't get bezel as far as i know so far. It might be possible only if we use the Apple keyboard backlight driver which is not possible/easy to get it working.

I can't make my keyboard backlight to work. I have installed fnkeys kext, patched dsdt. Do I have to use Elan PS2 kext to enable backlight in my G53sw (Set the entry "Enable Asus KBacklight" to Yes)? With voodoo ps2 it won't work?

I have synaptics touchpad so when I remove voodoo PS2 kext and use Elan PS2, keyboard works, touchpad not and no backlight even enabled in info.plist. I tried to use Elan PS2 - only keyboard kext (removed controller kext) + voodoo PS2 - controller&mouse (deleted keyboard kext) but then my keyboard doesn't work. I would like to use your keyboard kext with voodoo mouse and touchpad but can't make it work simultaneously. What does f3 and f4 0-6 setting in plist of fnkeys mean? Do I have to put other number than 0?
I upload my dsdt, hope you can help me.

DSDT.zip

I can't make my keyboard backlight to work. I have installed fnkeys kext, patched dsdt. Do I have to use Elan PS2 kext to enable backlight in my G53sw (Set the entry "Enable Asus KBacklight" to Yes)? With voodoo ps2 it won't work?

I have synaptics touchpad so when I remove voodoo PS2 kext and use Elan PS2, keyboard works, touchpad not and no backlight even enabled in info.plist. I tried to use Elan PS2 - only keyboard kext (removed controller kext) + voodoo PS2 - controller&mouse (deleted keyboard kext) but then my keyboard doesn't work. I would like to use your keyboard kext with voodoo mouse and touchpad but can't make it work simultaneously. What does f3 and f4 0-6 setting in plist of fnkeys mean? Do I have to put other number than 0?

I upload my dsdt, hope you can help me.

You can't get keyboard backlight Fn keys working? You need to use ELAN driver only if you want Auto idle backlight off and you have ELAN touchpad, so Fn keys driver is enough for your Fn keys to control keyboard backlight. And F3 and F4 values in the plist are for the notebooks without keyboard backlight which are used for accessing some OSX function using F3 and F4. Let me see your ioreg and System log so i can help with your Fn keys F3 and F4.