Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

You are using Fn keys 2.3.5 and ELAN v3.8? Do you have any changes in plist for both? What happens if you try Fn + F9 and  Fn + F5/F6? Send me an ioreg file and System log so i can take a look.

I did a replace of the elan/fn kexts and rebuilt kext cache and FN+F9 is working again to disable the trackpad :) However, I've never been able to get FN+F5/F6 working on my machine, but this could likely be due to the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (Optimus).   I've attached the requested files anyways in case you might be able to figure that out for me :)

Thanks for your awesome kexts and keep up the great work! 

logs.zip

I did a replace of the elan/fn kexts and rebuilt kext cache and FN+F9 is working again to disable the trackpad :) However, I've never been able to get FN+F5/F6 working on my machine, but this could likely be due to the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (Optimus).   I've attached the requested files anyways in case you might be able to figure that out for me :)

Thanks for your awesome kexts and keep up the great work! 

You have Nvidia GPU only? or both Intel and Nvidia? Your ioreg file is corrupted because you have used new version of IORegistryExplorer app. Use IORegistryExplorer app v2.1 or lower and send me your ioreg again along with your DSDT you are using.

Hey Emly, everything with this driver works great except an issue I hadn't noticed before was pointed out to me. After wake up from sleep, the keyboard backlight shuts off and doesn't turn on again (fn keys do nothing). The console says nothing concerning the kext except except says this when I adjust the screen brightness with the fn keys (which works fine with efi string):

9/24/14 3:18:31.000 PM kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: GPU device not found

Hey Emly, everything with this driver works great except an issue I hadn't noticed before was pointed out to me. After wake up from sleep, the keyboard backlight shuts off and doesn't turn on again (fn keys do nothing). The console says nothing concerning the kext except except says this when I adjust the screen brightness with the fn keys (which works fine with efi string):

9/24/14 3:18:31.000 PM kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: GPU device not found

Try this patch :D, got it from first post

# Fix originally discovered by RehabMan and 68x
# Patch created by 68x
into Method label _WAK code_regex WAK\s+\(Arg0\) replace_matched begin

If (LOr (LLess(Arg0, 1), LGreater(Arg0,5))) \n
        { \n
            Store(3, Arg0) \n
        } \n
        WAK(Arg0)\n
end;