Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

I need your unpatched DSDT from your dump also. Also give me your system specs and ioreg file (save using IORegExplorer app v2.1)

Hi, i attached all file. I have got a notebook ASUS N56JR- S4023H; all specifications on site:

https://www.asus.com/it/Notebooks/N56JR/specifications/

I have attached: un_patched_acpi_dsdt.aml (by windows 10: I use aida64), then IORegistry and other two file of my previous post. Then, if they can be useful, I attached "all file.aml " that I always extract by aida64. Then I attached "My ASUS_resoconto_system".

P.s

an other problem in addition to "no sleep" is that my dedicated graphics Nvidia gtx760m doesn't work while HD4600 works. (I attached image) and "audio HDMI" doesn't work too if i want to use HDMI cable to tv.(I attached image)

thank you very much, Mariano.

un_patched_acpi_dsdt.aml.zip

IORegistry.zip

DSDT(sleep work).zip

DSDT(all work, no sleep).zip

all file .aml extracted by aida64.zip

post-88981-0-23738200-1457182264_thumb.png

post-88981-0-59323100-1457182291_thumb.png

My ASUS_resoconto_system.zip

Hi, I have used your kext and applied the necessary DSDT patches, everything works fine!

But I got one more improvement that I can think of, but I don't know if that's possible or not.

You can make the kext turn on num-lock automatically when boots up, or you can add an option in the config.plist that can be switched on or off, depending if the user needs it or not!

Hope it would be possible, it would be useful for some laptops that don't have the option to turn on num-lock automatically in the BIOS anyway.

Keep up your great works!

Thanks

I am using the Very old Asus N50vn , Never hacked a tosh in my life but I've sucessfully managed to get it running el Capitan! It runs like a dream~!

The row of backlit touch-capacitive buttons now 'touch' but the volume volume are the only keys that work. I've not updated the DSDT.

Brightness levels are not working, I feel worried about touching the DSDT can someone help?

My laptop VAIO, Synaptics ClickPad has, I installed Smart TouchPad v4.5_Final_64bit works perfectly but I have a problem with some keyboard keys, Ctrl + Alt, Alt Gr, Fn + F5 = Brightness down Fn + F6 = Brightness Up.

Any solution, thank you very much.

not speak English - translated with google

My laptop VAIO, Synaptics ClickPad has, I installed Smart TouchPad v4.5_Final_64bit works perfectly but I have a problem with some keyboard keys, Ctrl + Alt, Alt Gr, Fn + F5 = Brightness down Fn + F6 = Brightness Up.

Any solution, thank you very much.

not speak English - translated with google

This is not touchpad thread. PM me for support on keys and also try new v4.6

I am using the Very old Asus N50vn , Never hacked a tosh in my life but I've sucessfully managed to get it running el Capitan! It runs like a dream~!

The row of backlit touch-capacitive buttons now 'touch' but the volume volume are the only keys that work. I've not updated the DSDT.

Brightness levels are not working, I feel worried about touching the DSDT can someone help?

You need DSDT patches from first post. PM me DSDT, system.log and ioreg file so i can take a look (only during weekend plz).

Hi, I have used your kext and applied the necessary DSDT patches, everything works fine!

But I got one more improvement that I can think of, but I don't know if that's possible or not.

You can make the kext turn on num-lock automatically when boots up, or you can add an option in the config.plist that can be switched on or off, depending if the user needs it or not!

Hope it would be possible, it would be useful for some laptops that don't have the option to turn on num-lock automatically in the BIOS anyway.

Keep up your great works!

Thanks

Its already possible in my touchpad kext (inside keyboard kext plist), so read my keyboard features thread to enable NumLock at boot. 

Hi,

i have Asus UX21A. I have problems with keys F5 and F6.

Work:

Fn+F1 - sleep 

Fn+F2 - enable/disable BT + WLAN

Fn+F3 - keyboard backlight down

Fn+F4 - keyboard backlight up

Fn+F5 - brightness down 

Fn+F6 - brightness up

It works on display a login and password to OS X 10.11. Once logged in, it stops working, but the brightness can be adjusted by a combination of SHIFT+F2 (down) and SHIFT+F3 (UP) ???????????????

Fn+F7 - on/off LCD

Fn+F8 - on/off external monitor (I do not know is working or not, have not tested.)

Fn+F9 -on/off trackpad

Fn+10 - mute

Fn+11 - Sound down

Fn+12 - Sound up

My kext:

ACPIBacklight.kext

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

AsusNBFnKeys.kext

EAPDFix.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

How to make the keys work properly?
I should be grateful if you still advise how to do:
1) 10.11 working display temperature and fan speed.

2) The charge status and battery capacity

Thanks !!! 

I have the same problem with my g750jm. After I log in f5 and f6 stops working. Brightness can be adjusted only with shift+f2/f3 (works also before log in)

Tried to boot with only main kexts and doesn't work.

Prob smh with my dsdt. I can't attach it. Says I'm not permitted.