Fix for no Audio issue after Sleep in Realtek codecs

EMlyDinEsH

Hello,

There is an issue with some Realtek Codecs, which is no audio from the output devices after sleep because of an External Amplifier(EAPD) existing in it which powers up/down the codec but EAPD is not enabled by the AppleHDA after sleep. This issue has been fixed by me in patching IOAudioFamily kext. It is based on the information from the netbook installer in code.google.com which was meant for the Old Mac and source code of Apple.

Find the Patched IOAudioFamily in the attachments for the different nodes with EAPD.

Version: 1.8.9fc11 is for Mountain Lion 10.8.3 or later

If anyone want the Lion version then PM me and I'll add those. And I will keep on uploading the patched kexts when there is an updated IOAudioFamily from Apple updates, so keep checking this thread if you want to have updated one.

Note:
There seems to be an issue for some notebooks with Jack sensing after sleep if there is no audio stream active before sleep within 30sec. Solution are:

1. WIth an Application "ControlPlane" which can run functions based on some rules. I have added an StartUp Rule for the Running Application Evidence with sources as Dock to start the Itunes with some Music. So, we will have some audio stream automatically when we start the system and the Jack sensing will work after sleep. Even you could add other rules for controlling brightness and many other in this application.

2. This is for people with Elan touchpad only,  you can enable a fix for this from EAPD Preferences in Elan touchpad kext plist.

3. After Sleep, try to toggle/change the Volume Control within 30 seconds.

For me its working well, so I wanted to share with you all.

Hope this helps some.

UPDATE:

There is a standalone kext fix for this issue which addresses everything at here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3084-eapd-fix-in-a-standalone-kext-no-need-ioaudiofamily-patching/

IOAudioFamily-189.4.9-FIXED_SRC.zip

Patches_IOAudioFamily_10.8.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node1b_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node1b_SPK_Node#15_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node1b_SPK_Node#21_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node1b_SPK.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node12_SPK.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node14_SPK_Node#1b_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node14_SPK_Node#15_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node14_SPK_Node#21_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node14_SPK.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node15_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node21_HP.zip

IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node15_SPK.zip

• Like 3

thanks for your replay

this is dump from linux 

There is no EAPD existing in your Speaker and Headphone nodes to send the commands. I think your issue is not related to EAPD which is present in Realtek chips for the sound issue after sleep.

What is your issue actually?

There is no EAPD existing in your Speaker and Headphone nodes to send the commands. I think your issue is not related to EAPD which is present in Realtek chips for the sound issue after sleep.

What is your issue actually?

thanks.

when i put my laptop to sleep after wake up  there isn't sound from speaker or HD . 

other idt user with ich9-m chip have this problem also.