Fix for no Audio issue after Sleep in Realtek codecs

EMlyDinEsH

It works in 10.9GM with patched applehda 2.5.2fc2 and original ioaudioFamily 1.9.4fc11. But I got a much larger 'pop' before the sound comes out after sleep. Anyway, thanks very much.

The pop is expected and appears to be a bug with some variants of ALC268/269/271 and 272 audio codecs, has nothing to do with this fix. That's a part of Apple's new PM stuff implemented with 10.9 release related to Power Nap and such. Even antipop can't prevent it. Thanks for your feedback.

I just have tested a simple method for alc665 to fix the loud click/pop sound ( AppleHDA 2.5.2 ) occurs at 10.9 when system starts up.

A simple example here :

1. Put the CodecCommander.kext into Extra/Extensions(chemeleon) or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 (clover) (don't install to sle)

2. Remove the 01470c02 or 01570c02 from the verbs.

3. /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.CodecCommander.plist

<dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>com.CodecCommander</string>
    <key>Program</key>
    <string>/Users/your username/Documents/LoginItems/CodecCommander</string>
    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
    <true/>
</dict>

4. ~/Documents/LoginItems/CodecCommander

#!/bin/bash

kextunload /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/CodecCommander.kext
sync
sleep 15
kextload  /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/CodecCommander.kext
sync
exit 0

5. Set root:wheel

sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.CodecCommander.plist  ~/Documents/LoginItems/CodecCommander

Now the loud click/pop sound disappears.

I just have tested a simple method for alc665 to fix the loud click/pop sound ( AppleHDA 2.5.2 ) occurs at 10.9 when system starts up.

A simple example here :

1. Put the CodecCommander.kext into Extra/Extensions(chemeleon) or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 (clover) (don't install to sle)

2. Remove the 01470c02 or 01570c02 from the verbs.

3. /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.CodecCommander.plist
<dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>com.CodecCommander</string>
    <key>Program</key>
    <string>/Users/your username/Documents/LoginItems/CodecCommander</string>
    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
    <true/>
</dict>

4. ~/Documents/LoginItems/CodecCommander
#!/bin/bash

kextunload /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/CodecCommander.kext
sync
sleep 15
kextload  /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/CodecCommander.kext
sync
exit 0

5. Set root:wheel
sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.CodecCommander.plist  ~/Documents/LoginItems/CodecCommander

Now the loud click/pop sound disappears.

i removed 01470c02 verb. but i cant hear extnal sound. click/pop sound disappears. need other solution.

Can anybody provide me working AppleHDA.kext for ALC269 VC (Lenovo ThinkPad T530) on Mavericks 10.9, please?

So far, I have tested all available fixes for the "no sound after sleep" issue, including:

- patched IOAudioFamily.kext (even re-built by me via Xcode under Mavericks 10.9 SDK);

- CodecCommander.kext with native IOAudioFamily.kext;

- EAPDFix.kext with native IOAudioFamily.kext.

Nothing works for me... Still no audio from internal speakers after sleep, only headphones function properly.

I started thinking that the reason is something wrong with AppleHDA.kext, taken from http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3619-alc269-vc2-hd/

My specifications:

Speakers node: 0x14

Headphones node: 0x15

Codec address: 0

HDEF IOReg path: "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B"

Find below attached my Linux codec-dump.

Thanks in advance!

ALC269VC_codec_dump.txt

Can anybody provide me working AppleHDA.kext for ALC269 VC (Lenovo ThinkPad T530) on Mavericks 10.9, please

Hi racing,

I have ALC269VC in my ASUS laptop as well.  I followed EMlyDinEsH's AppleHDA Binary Patching guide and got sound working on 10.8.5, but when I upgraded to 10.9 I had fits.  I then stumbled on to the alc269-vc2 kext you reference.  I tried it and it did not work, no sound at all.  Then I decided to take the Info.plist (from AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver), Platforms.xml.zlib, and layout28.xml.zlib from that post and drop it in to the stock 10.9 AppleHDA.kext.  I then patched the stock AppleHDA with bcc9's script.  I installed all of this and not only do I have sound, it also works after sleep.  I use Clover to boot and I also use EMlyDinEsH's Elantec driver with EAPD sound fix.  It works with CodecCommander too; however, I found that CodecCommander has to be loaded after boot up or else the sound driver fails to load.  Let me know if you want my complete 10.9 patched AppleHDA.kext for the ALC269VC and I'll upload it.

I also tried to patch the stock 10.9 AppleHDA.kext using bcc9's script. The only difference is that i replaced both xml.zlib files and Info.plist from AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver after patching the kext. Still no sound after sleep...

It will be nice if I can test with your version of AppleHDA.kext. Please, upload it.

Is your IOAudioFamily.kext native or a modified one?

I'm using chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) in order to boot in Mavericks but I don't think that this is the cause...

Also I don't have installed this Elantec driver. As far as I can understand it is something related with touchpad, but is it required for EAPDFix in order to function?

Thanks again!

racing,

My IOAudioFamily is stock. The Elan touch driver has an option for the EAPD fix.  I was getting ready to upload my AppleHDA driver, but I have now discovered that my sound doesn't work after sleep!  In fact my sleep functionality is completely broken right now.  I'm investigating Clover and HWSensors updates as the possible cause.  I am really struggling with Mavericks, should have stayed with ML.

I also tried to patch the stock 10.9 AppleHDA.kext using bcc9's script. The only difference is that i replaced both xml.zlib files and Info.plist from AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver after patching the kext. Still no sound after sleep...

It will be nice if I can test with your version of AppleHDA.kext. Please, upload it.

Is your IOAudioFamily.kext native or a modified one?

I'm using chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) in order to boot in Mavericks but I don't think that this is the cause...

Also I don't have installed this Elantec driver. As far as I can understand it is something related with touchpad, but is it required for EAPDFix in order to function?

Thanks again!

Can anybody provide me working AppleHDA.kext for ALC269 VC (Lenovo ThinkPad T530) on Mavericks 10.9, please?

So far, I have tested all available fixes for the "no sound after sleep" issue, including:

- patched IOAudioFamily.kext (even re-built by me via Xcode under Mavericks 10.9 SDK);

- CodecCommander.kext with native IOAudioFamily.kext;

- EAPDFix.kext with native IOAudioFamily.kext.

Nothing works for me... Still no audio from internal speakers after sleep, only headphones function properly.

I started thinking that the reason is something wrong with AppleHDA.kext, taken from http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3619-alc269-vc2-hd/

My specifications:

Speakers node: 0x14

Headphones node: 0x15

Codec address: 0

HDEF IOReg path: "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B"

Find below attached my Linux codec-dump.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the patched AppleHDA for your codec. Patch the dsdt with Layout 28 in HDEF and try this kext then let me know.

AppleHDA_Patched_ALC269VC.zip