Fix for no Audio issue after Sleep in Realtek codecs

EMlyDinEsH

i use Node#14_SPK and Node#21_HP. but after sleep, system is down.

10.8 old version is all working in 10.8.4. i cant use old ioaudiofamily.kext in 10.8.5.

so i switch your lastest Node#14_SPK and Node#15_HP version.

my codec is alc270. Node#14_SPK is work after sleep. but not recongize HP. i plug earphone and try sleep,

and wake up earphone sound is work

I've used the IOAudioFamily_1.8.9c11#Node14_SPK file since my codec dump reports:

Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Speaker Playback Switch", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
  Control: name="Speaker Phantom Jack", index=0, device=0
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pincap 0x00010014: OUT EAPD Detect
  EAPD 0x2: EAPD
  Pin Default 0x90170110: [Fixed] Speaker at Int N/A
    Conn = Analog, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Connection: 2
     0x0c 0x0d*

but after sleep no sound as usual... I can get the sound to work if I unload/load the AppleHDA kext but I wonder if your patch can make this happen automatically.

I'm on 10.8.2

Here my AppleHDA and codecdump

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26718180/AppleHDAandcodec.zip

Hello!

Thank you for the great work and for the sources. I found that your kext is not working for my device, but I managed to correct the sources and the new compiled version is working OK.

It turns out that the problem was that the original device path was wrong for my system. Originally it was:

IORegistryEntry *hdaDeviceEntry = IORegistryEntry::fromPath("IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF");

When I checked in ioreg, the path was different. I corrected the sources for my path and compiled. The resulting kext was working as expected. Below is the corrected line.

IORegistryEntry *hdaDeviceEntry = IORegistryEntry::fromPath("IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B");

I attached my version of the compiled kext. It is for speaker at node 0x14.

Hello,

There is an issue with Realtek Codec ALC269, which is no audio from the output devices after sleep. The reason is, because of an External Amplifier(EAPD) existing in it. This EAPD is not enabled by the AppleHDA after sleep. This issue has been fixed by me in IOAudioFamily kext of Mountain Lion from scratch. It is based on the information from the netbook installer in code.google.com which was meant for the Old Mac and source code of Apple.

Find the Patched IOAudioFamily in the attachments for the different nodes with EAPD.

Version: 1.8.9fc11 is for Mountain Lion 10.8.3 or later

If anyone want's Lion version then PM me and I'll add those.

Below are the source files and the compiled kext.

IOAudioFamily-189.4.9_11.zip

IOAudioFamily.kext.zip

Hello!

Thank you for the great work and for the sources. I found that your kext is not working for my device, but I managed to correct the sources and the new compiled version is working OK.

It turns out that the problem was that the original device path was wrong for my system. Originally it was:

IORegistryEntry *hdaDeviceEntry = IORegistryEntry::fromPath("IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF");

When I checked in ioreg, the path was different. I corrected the sources for my path and compiled. The resulting kext was working as expected. Below is the corrected line.

IORegistryEntry *hdaDeviceEntry = IORegistryEntry::fromPath("IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B");

attachicon.gifIOAudioFamily-189.4.9_11.zip

attachicon.gifIOAudioFamily.kext.zip

great it's good work.

really thanks

Hello!

Hi, can you make a version of 10.9 GM? Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback! 

I checked and I have no SDK for 10.9 (cannot compile fro 10.9), so I am glad that it is working with this version.

after time is spend, if you can compile for 10.9, plz complie for 10.9 :)

really thanks 

can you make 10.7 lion?

Hello!

Very Thanks, it works in my Lenovo Y460A, ALC272, node 0x14 is int speaker with EPDA. In OS X 10.9 Mavericks GM. My AppleHDA version is 2.5.2fc2 mod from 10.9 GM.

after time is spend, if you can compile for 10.9, plz complie for 10.9 :)

really thanks 

can you make 10.7 lion?

Sorry, I don't have Lion installed. It is easier if you install xcode under Lion and just press the build button - then you get the code compiled for 10.7 automatically. I am not a programer so and I don't know where to download the SDKs. If you can tell me, where to download I can do the compile for you.