(Precision Workstation T7500) SMP-2CPU-Hackintosh

//Zztony

Another with a dell precision dual xeon. I am getting a similar error. First it gave an error "Should have 6 cores but found 5". I thought let's use only one core per cpu by setting the option in bios. Then the error was "should have 1 thread but only found 2". stack traced to AppleACPIPlatform driver. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think I tried that with myHack. Did try it with unifail earlier though. 

So, now when I booted myHack usb with cpus=1 I got the following new message : see screenshot. 

"Invalid mac_magic" ? 

Very similar result with cpus=2 as well. 

Edit 1: And yes. it continued to print a few more error quickly and rebooted.

Edit 2: Just realized that the screenshot attached is just the first page of the output. Not very useful. But, let me know if I can post any other info.

post-10175-0-62349700-1365700552_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

It may well be that the Chameleon version integrated to myHack is a bit too ancient for these Xeon CPUs. They may not be recognized... You could try to install a more recent Cham version to the OS X installer to see if it helps (anything from r2168 to r2189 for instance).

Also, try and boot with option: "GeneratePStates=No" and/or "GenerateCStates=No".

After reading https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1370-dell-precision-t7500-and-osx/?hl=%2Bprecision+%2Bt7500 I am wondering I need a patched DSDT file? Yesterday I tried extracting the DSDT file using the DSDT editor and then compiled it. But, not sure if it was done right. I am no DSDT patching expert. There were few compile errors and warnings and I had no idea. That DSDT file didn't help me get to the install screen either.

I can extract and post the DSDT file if that'll help. The machine has a working linux installation on it now.

Thanks again.