(Precision Workstation T7500) SMP-2CPU-Hackintosh

//Zztony

I must be doing something wrong. I processed the DSDT through this program and then put the two generated files in the Extra folder on the installer. Tried to boot the computer from the USB key. Got the same result. 

Now waiting for a patched DSDT from Dinesh. Hopefully that'll do it.

After I got the DSDT from Dinesh I had similar problem. The error message was something like .. Should have X cores but found Y. I edited the DSDT file to reduce the number of processors from 32 to 24, thinking that there are 12 cores total, each with hyperthreading enabled may appear as total of 24 cores. The error related to number of cores went away, but the boot gets stuck at a different error.

Unable to find driver for this platform: \'ACPI\' ...

When I googled for it, it seems that lot of people have had this error in the past, but I didn't see a clear solution. Tried a bunch of things like acpi=off and platform=x86pc, etc. But, always kept getting the same error. What could be causing this?

Thanks for any help. I really hope to get OS X running on this machine some time soon. 

• Administrators

try the boot flag dart=0 it might get you past. then you probably need file/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.3.5 you have to backup and relocate the one in S/L/E in other words remove it from that directory and run a myfix if you do not remove the native one from S/L/E it will not generate a kernel cache. the file should be in edp and or it's boot packs.

Thanks for the suggestions. I removed the  AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the s/l/e folder, ran myfix, same error on boot. This time I didn't see any AppleACPIPlatform.kext in the Extra/Extensions folder. 

Installed 1.3.5 version into /Extra/Extensions using kext wizard, same error. dart=0 didn't change anything. Tried 1.6 version as well, as some had suggested it for the mountain lion. But, didn't help. 

See the picture of the error. Any other suggestion? 

I don't think I can use EDP because my system (precision T7500 workstation) isn't yet supported, right?

post-10175-0-17224100-1367514915_thumb.jpg