system asking for keyboard after bootup

mikewse

I've successfully installed OSX Lion 10.7.5 on my Dell D430 using myHack and EDP.

During the installation I had to connect a USB keyboard and mouse a couple of times to continue the installation. After finishing the install guide the system is usable without external devices.

Though, on startup there's a popup saying it can't detect any connected keyboard and waits for me to connect a Bluetooth keyboard. In System Settings it says I have no Mouse or Touchpad and also starts searching for Bluetooth devices.

The built-in keyboard and touchpad work well, but this popup and settings are annoyances. How can I fix them?

Thanks

Mike Wilson

It could easily be fixed with changing the bluetooth preferences. Just untick the following checkbox.

System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced > "Open Bluetooth Configuration Utilty when no keyboard / mouse is connected"

• Administrators

When you install Lion, you will always get this Keyboard issue unless you boot with option "USBBusFix=No". After installation, unset the Bluetooth options as indicated by Mick and make sure to uncheck/unset "USBBusFix" in the Chameleon boot plist in /Extra.