recommended installation procedure for Lion and D430?

mikewse

I've just installed OS X Lion 10.7.5 using the myHack and EDP guide at http://argo.osxlatitude.com/

Is this supposed to be enough, or are there any other recommended fix packages to be added? I'm seeing some issues and saw a dead link to

http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/900e4/How_to_do_a_new_build.html

that hints that there may be some standard extra steps to do?

Thanks

Mike Wilson

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System starts but I have some issues with display sleep, system sleep, wifi, keyboard/mouse, and cpu speed/fan.

If there's no other recommended stuff for the D430 I should follow, then I'll create separate questions here on the forum to keep things on point.

One question about the compat list:

For the D430 there is a different "support" icon for WiFi. What does it mean?

Best regards

Mike

• Administrators

Check your BIOS settings and apply the recommended values. That'll fix things like sleep, reported CPU speed.

Re: icon for Wifi in compatibility chart, it means that the card may need to be replaced for Wifi to work. That's because many laptops were initially provided with Intel wireless cards that are not OS X compatible and therefore need to be replaced 'by dell-branded Broadcom versions for instance).

• Administrators

My apologies, I forgot there is no dedicated BIOS settings thread for the D430 like there is for other models.

Basically you need to do the following in BIOS:

- If IDA (Intel Dynamic Acceleration) is available, disable it

- SpeedStep should be enabled

- You must set a System Password and set password bypass at Restart and Standby -> this is required to get Sleep to work, otherwise the D430 will crash

If you can, look at the D620/D630/D830 BIOS settings threads and try to adapt accordingly or give us the list for the D430 and we'll make a new dedicated thread. Are you running the latest BIOS?

My apologies, I forgot there is no dedicated BIOS settings thread for the D430 like there is for other models.

Basically you need to do the following in BIOS:

- If IDA (Intel Dynamic Acceleration) is available, disable it

- SpeedStep should be enabled

- You must set a System Password and set password bypass at Restart and Standby -> this is required to get Sleep to work, otherwise the D430 will crash

If you can, look at the D620/D630/D830 BIOS settings threads and try to adapt accordingly or give us the list for the D430 and we'll make a new dedicated thread. Are you running the latest BIOS?

Hi, I don't understand if is a Bios system password or an OSX password. I have speedstep enabled and a password in OSX but every time pc wake, it crash. Thank you! Andrea

Re: icon for Wifi in compatibility chart, it means that the card may need to be replaced for Wifi to work. That's because many laptops were initially provided with Intel wireless cards that are not OS X compatible and therefore need to be replaced 'by dell-branded Broadcom versions for instance).

Ah, thanks. After receiving this info I can see there are several threads that discuss replacing the network card. I'll look into that. (I do indeed have the Intel 3945)

<snip>

I'm currently on A08 but will update to latest A09 and get back to you with a listing of the settings (probably good for the community to have a dedicated thread).

Best regards

Mike

Great, thanks!

There's a couple of remining things I'd like to check with you experts:

1) Sleep

Herve, you mentioned above that I should configure the BIOS password to solve sleep issues. Does that mean I don't have to do the other instructions linked from the site heading:

Tweaks > Dell > Sleep & Standby

?

2) Fixing AppStore

Are the instructions at

Tweaks > Fix AppStore

valid for Lion on D430?

3) Chameleon Wizard

To do (2) I'd like to run Chameleon Wizard and I see mentions that it's bundled in EDP, but I don't see it there. How should i access it?

Mike