recommended installation procedure for Lion and D430?

mikewse

• Administrators

1) No, just run EDP, go to Fixes menu and simply choose Disable Hibernation

2) Only if you encounter the problem, if not, leave it

3) Again, just run EDP, go to the Installer menu and choose Install Chameleon. Run the package and install on your OS X partition/HDD (it's downloaded to "/download" folder). Then, I'd advise you to download a tool called Chameleon Wizard and copy it to Applications folder. Run it and update to latest Chameleon version through Dropbox in Installation tab.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) No, just run EDP, go to Fixes menu and simply choose Disable Hibernation

Thanks - I was still seeing crashes on Resume so this will probably fix it!

2) Only if you encounter the problem, if not, leave it

I can't download from AppStore so I'm assuming this is what needs to be fixed. Will try once I get Chameleon Wizard.

3) Again, just run EDP, go to the Installer menu and choose Install Chameleon. Run the package and install on your OS X partition/HDD (it's downloaded to "/download" folder).

Isn't Chameleon already installed on my system after following the osxlatitude/myhack installation? (I thought it's the "boot screen" program?)

Then, I'd advise you to download a tool called Chameleon Wizard and copy it to Applications folder. Run it and update to latest Chameleon version through Dropbox in Installation tab.

Right, so Chameleon Wizard is not (no longer?) included in EDP.

Is this the official download location for it? :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7085278/Chameleon_Installer/download.html

(redirecting to http://cl.ly/Ei7w)

• Administrators

1) Yes, that'll fix the KP on wake

2) -

3) Yes, it is but sometimes you have to re-install Chameleon, for instances in cases of multi-boot HDD; so it's handy to download and reinstall properly on your machine

4) I don't believe Cham Wizard ever was included in EDP, but I would not be quoted on that. I don't know if your link is the "official" location. It doesn't really matter. Otherwise, get it from kexts.com (osx86.net),

Success! After updating EDP + Chameleon and downloading Chameleon Wizard the AppStore started working, so I didn't have to do anything more!

Sleep is also working nicely now, and after looking through the instructions I realize that both your instructions and the tweak guide is about disabling hibernate, just with different commands.

Thanks for all help :-)

Are you saying there is a way to have hibernation enabled (save to HDD) without getting the crashes on resume?

I thought the EDP command just set the hibernate mode to 0 (instead of default 3) just as you mention can be done manually with pmset.

Dear All,

I've just installed OS X Lion on my Dell D430. Everything was fine till the first reboot. And from then I've got this message:
lpc device initialization failed c-state power management not initialized

What went wrong?

Thanks for your help!

• Administrators

Boot with option  'GenerateCStates=No', then if you get to desktop, list the kexts in /Extra/Extensions folder + all the selected options/parameters of your Chameleon boot plist (install Chameleon Wizard and post a screendump). What CPU do you have in your D430?