Help please with wifi issue on OSX SL

t3c

If you've installed Cham Wizard, just double click on the boot plist that is in /Extra. The post your screencopy.

If I'm understanding you correctly here's the required screenshot

post-7995-0-69316500-1356946300_thumb.jpg

Is this where you can edit the entire boot up and edit out unwanted items, I bit like msconfig on Windows?

The first thing I notice is the graphics mode is wrong. I'm running on a 1440x900 screen but OSX was setup on 1280x800, the change was because I've swap screens over as part of the project. 

Is it safe to change that?

Slight update: After sleep I'm getting trackpad/pointer problems on resume, not all the time but when it does happen you need a restart to fix. Is there a fix for that by any chance?

• Administrators

You could simply uncheck the 1280x800x32 case (like my D620 nVidia plist).

Chameleon_Boot_plist.png
However, check the resolution you have selected in Monitor settings. If you've swapped LCD, go and check that (System Preferences -> Monitors or Monitor icon on menu bar) and adjust if necessary.
Screen_res.png
I'm assuming that you have of course replaced your DSDT table from the LoRes version (1280x800) to the HiRes version (1440x900). That is a necessary step for all Intel GMA D620/D630...

• Like 1

If you mean running EDP with choosing option for D620 950GMA 1440x900 graphics then yes I have and within Monitors it has the correct resolution selected. If not, then I'm a bit lost?

I see your screenshot is slightly different to mine because you have Force Hpet, PCIRoot=1 and USB Fix ticked. Should I do the same as yours or is that to do with your Nvidia graphics?

Just a couple quickies, can you select an option to go straight to the joint OS choice screen rather than SL first and then the joint one? Also, I've noticed my keyboard is actually still on US setup with the " & @ swapped around rather than the UK selected in Preferences, is there a quick fix please?

Happy New Year everyone btw.

• Administrators

Well, if your screen is configured and runs at 1440x900, you're Ok then, I don't see where the problem is...

Leave your boot plist parameters as they are.

[...] can you select an option to go straight to the joint OS choice screen rather than SL first and then the joint one? [...]

??? What are your talking about?

Also, I've noticed my keyboard is actually still on US setup with the " & @ swapped around rather than the UK selected in Preferences, is there a quick fix please?

Download Ukelele and copy Logitech UK layout files in "/Library/Keyboard Layouts". See my post of yesterday on the exact same matter.

• Like 1

??? What are your talking about?

Sorry, I'll try and explain a bit better. I would like to have the boot screen you get if you tap the spacebar within 2 sec from startup. This is the screen I get where I get to choose if I want to boot either OSX or Win7. Can you tell Chameleon to do this by default?

Thanks for the other info and I'll try it out as soon I have 5 minutes to spare.

• Administrators

Oh, if you don't want the auto-boot, it's easy. Look at the Cham Wizard boot plist picture I attached above. At top left corner, you'll see the boot options and the TimeOut bar. Move that to the left and you'll have 2 further options: Instant Menu and QuietBoot. Opt for Instant Menu and the bootloader will stop at HDD partitions menu.

• Like 1