MSI H55M-E33 Motherboard & Radeon HD5450 or EVGA GT 620 10.8.x

RezMax

Please I need help! been trying to get dual screen with either of these or the built in GPU which I believe is HD3000 so three options for video and I dont care which.

I just need dual Digital video output over HDMI/DVI to two separate monitors with full acceleration QE/CI

I've been on this build for months and am getting no where. I will post my DSDT files with all video card options. 

Thank you for your assistance! 

B

MSI H55M-E33 DSDT Radeon HD5450.zip

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please reinstall OS X with myHack (with GT620 inside!) and run Darwin Dumper (http://www.osx86.net/view/3494-darwin_dumper_2.5.8.html).

You could just use the Generic Extra for now. Just update to 10.8.2 and install this > http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html (Mac Pro 3,1 SMBios required).

The DSDT file you attached is empty.. Maybe an upload error or something? Just run DarwinDumper, it is enough.

Installed succesfully using MyHack with dmg of 10.8.2 ML with latest MyHack.

That nvidia link you posted is still coming up not found on the nvidia site.

Is this what you want me to get: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

When installing this, it comes up with an error saying the system wont support the install? 

1. I have dual screen on both DVI ports of the EVGA GT 620 1GB in 10.8.2. Over/Underscan has tick box no scaling slider option and I have cut off image on both displays so I need to adjust. The display monitors have no way to adjust so needs to be done through the GPU card. The system sees that the displays are TV's which they are. the f4 key loads tiles quickly so acceleration must be working well.
  2. When I load OS X 10.8.2 with the ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB I only get one screen the loads while connected to DVI and HDMI on the Radeon card. The image is uncropped for the side that loads and in the settings I do have the Underscan slider for adjusting the fit to the displays.  The f4 key load takes forever for the tiles to load. Acceleration obviously not there. 
  3. Put an old PNY 8600 GT 256MB dual DVI ports and it actually loaded beautifully. I get both screens that boot the displays awesome and fit great without cropping! no underscan slider if needed ever but there is a Tick Box for Overscan. Suprisingly it looked like it had great acceleration when I hit the f4 key and those tiles load up quickly. No artifacts or slow movement. This is a great option and works well however it's only 256MB and I worry that it wont be enough for Video/Photo production work. This build is for Audio Production so perhaps it will be fine for the  build at only 256 MB.
  4. I've tried booting without a graphics card and just using the two built in DVI/HDMI ports on the motherboard. I assume the graphics would then be HD3000 or HD4000 but I get kernel panic with all my SATA drives plugged in. I disconnect all NTFS SATA drives and leave only the OS X install connected I then get a kernel panic with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Don't want to go further on this video option without any instruction. 
  5. PNY 9600 GT 1GB This one boots to black screen after Macx_swap on success. Tried GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes and didn't matter, still boot to black screen. 

So there we are, five video options to choose from. 

Here is the DarwinDumper data for all video options: 

DarwinDumper_2.5.8_Chameleon_2.1_ML-EVGA GeForce GT 620.zip

DarwinDumper_2.5.8_Chameleon_2.1_ML-ATI Radeon HD5450.zip

DarwinDumper_2.5.8_Chameleon_2.1_ML-PNY GeForce 8600 GT 256.zip

Could you please upload your Extra folder? I will sent you a new one, that works :).

Use the GT 620! :). After my Extra package, you should be able to install the nvidia drivers.

But I think your HD is about to die.. Or just some faults about the NTFS reading.

NTFS volume name 1TB External, version 3.1.

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x05, ASC = 0x24, ASCQ = 0x00
HFS: Vol: WD SmartWare Very Low Disk: freeblks: 0, dangerlimit: 1159

• I installed the Extra folder you sent me but I don't see any difference. The display is still cutoff. It doesn't look like the card is even recognized still. Both DVI ports are working for both displays just cropped off.

• OpenGL Extensions Viewer 4.0 --->  nvidia GeForce GT 620 OpenGl Engine is displayed. I go to about this mac, under Graphics I see Unknown 1024 MB.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I installed 304.00.05f02 from nvidia and installation was successful.
  • Ran myFix full.
  • Restarted
  • Same findings. Unknown 1024 MB in About this mac. OpenGL Extension Viewer shows the nvidia card. 
  • Video still cropped, I untick the Overscan tickbox for both displays and the image comes back with black border around the images. No slider for Under/Overscan adjustment to fit to screen.