no usb during install

john67

now i have a retail disc of snow leopard 10.6.3 i thought i'd retry my main pc. every time ive tried before the install disc gave kernel panics but this time i got to "pick your language, where im supposed to go to disk utilities.

but i cant use my mouse to get to utilities?

ive tried a usb to ps2 adaptor but still nothing.

im taking it that ive no usb during install as ive had to dig out a ps2 keyboard. 

system specs as follows

biostar a7208b
amd sempron 2.8
2 gig ram
250 maxtor hdd (sata)
nvideo 1 g geforce

any help appreciated

I'd imagine the "Legacy kernel" is better, because it was designed by Apple to be compatible with Non-Intel machines. (For developers.) If you trust the kernel that was build by "modbin", then I would use that. As most OSx86 developers do NOT care about compatibility and just stability, I'd recommend the legacy kernel. Modbin, I'm sure, built his "kernel" to accommodate as many different AMD builds as possible. 

Last I knew, modbin, stopped his kernel development at 10.6.7. That hardly suggests its ready for 10.6.8 or 10.7. (Which makes sense, as the kernel drivers were moved to 64-bit after 10.6.8.) Even though it "probably" still works.

I'd imagine the "Legacy kernel" is better, because it was designed by Apple to be compatible with Non-Intel machines. (For developers.) If you trust the kernel that was build by "modbin", then I would use that. As most OSx86 developers do NOT care about compatibility and just stability, I'd recommend the legacy kernel. Modbin, I'm sure, built his "kernel" to accommodate as many different AMD builds as possible. 

Last I knew, modbin, stopped his kernel development at 10.6.7. That hardly suggests its ready for 10.6.8 or 10.7. (Which makes sense, as the kernel drivers were moved to 64-bit after 10.6.8.) Even though it "probably" still works.

Are you saying that the Legacy Kernel was made by Apple? Legacy Kernel is build by Hackintosh developers, like Nawcom and Modbin. The legacy_kernel for 10.6.x is the best yet, but other developers are working on a 10.7 and 10.8 kernel.

There are allready some 10.7 kernels, and even a 10.8 kernel, but they work on just a few processors.

AMD will only run on a legacy_kernel. It could be also a version of the legacy_kernel, like modbin's.