Latitude E5430

driedger

I emailed the dsdt dump files to the mentioned address a couple days ago, and just received an email back this morning with a dsdt. When I get home from work tonight I will give them a try.

In the meantime, I have 10.8 booting well now on this machine, but have a number of kext to install to get things working properly. If only I had more time in the day!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I emailed the dsdt dump files to the mentioned address a couple days ago, and just received an email back this morning with a dsdt. When I get home from work tonight I will give them a try.

In the meantime, I have 10.8 booting well now on this machine, but have a number of kext to install to get things working properly. If only I had more time in the day!

How did it go?  Is there any way you can share dsdt.aml?  

Unfortunately, I have not had any time to work on this project in the last few weeks. So far, we have not had any luck getting the system to boot with the dsdt.aml. The main problem so far is getting the HD4000 graphics enabled properly. The video memory is set at 64mb and is not adjustable in the bios, but trying different HD4000PlatformId's has failed to have it enabled while showing video output on the built in display. The best Ive been able to do is either get corrupt display output on the hdmi output with a black screen on the built in display.

Unfortunately, I have not had any time to work on this project in the last few weeks. So far, we have not had any luck getting the system to boot with the dsdt.aml. The main problem so far is getting the HD4000 graphics enabled properly. The video memory is set at 64mb and is not adjustable in the bios, but trying different HD4000PlatformId's has failed to have it enabled while showing video output on the built in display. The best Ive been able to do is either get corrupt display output on the hdmi output with a black screen on the built in display.

Working:

HD4000 graphics (ig-platform-id = 01660003)
Native CPUPM, AGPM, SS
Audio
Ethernet
Bluetooth
Wi-Fi (Centrino replaced with AR5B95)
SD Card Reader
Battery

Issues:

Have not checked HDMI after latest change in  AIFbCapri but hopeful.
After sleep USB Flash disconnects and needs to be physically replugged.
After eject SD Card hot-plug works with 1-2 min delay.  OK on the first insert.

I needed your DSDT to check what patches I might have missed.

Unfortunately, I have not had any time to work on this project in the last few weeks. .... The best Ive been able to do is either get corrupt display output on the hdmi output with a black screen on the built in display.

If possible, I would like to hear how you were able to achieve this.   I am only able to detect HDMI hot-plugging (LCDV display reconnects) but no ext display detected.   It is the only feature I need to make work to call it a day.  

Your corrupt display may indicate that HDMI is connected to a pipe that is on the same PLL with the pipe hooked to LCDV.  Two of the three IvyB's pipes are using common PLL by design. 

• Administrators
Issues:
[...]After sleep USB Flash disconnects and needs to be physically replugged.[...]

That's quite normal. When a laptop is put to sleep mode, the USB ports do not normally provide 5V power to connected devices. As such, a USB device gets disconnected and you'll get a pop-up message saying it was disgracefully removed.

Some laptops provide a BIOS parameter that will allow USB ports to maintain 5V power, but only when the laptops runs off mains. Only in such conditions will you avoid the USB devices being disconnected after sleep.

On a D630, that BIOS parameter is called "USB Wake Support" (the name is self-explanatory) and it works perfectly. However, on some laptops, it does interfere with sleep mode; for instance, enabling this parameter on a D620 will prevent the computer from going to sleep (it wakes immediately on going to sleep!).

Just saying hi, another e5430 user here. I was playing around with clover and discovered that although the bios doesn't present expresscard drives as bootable, clover can. Very cool, this is something chameleon can't do. Right now I've got 10.8.2 booting off an expresscard ssd. At a roadblock now though, need to get a dsdt/ssdt to get sleep working.

nsemenov, you have sleep working properly? Your system is too different than mine to reuse your dsdt, I tried :(

But, with no dsdt I use an efi string with clover and I get internal display and hdmi working 100%.

Thanks nsemenov.  I looked at your DSDT.aml for what you patched with respect to EHCI and applied it to my original DSDT dumped from windows.  This fixed my sleep problems - logs were showing wake reason as:

2013-03-08 12:23:14.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason = GLAN EHC2 EHC1

Now I just have:

2013-03-08 1:44:16.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason = PBTN

Sweet.

Unfortunately, I'm not much for DSDT patching and I was still using clover's on the fly dsdt patching for hpet, wlan and lan.  So I used maciASL to dump the running dsdt (made up of a patched DSDT.aml and clover on the fly patches) and now with that I can boot without using clover to patch dsdt.  Good so far, but I still only get 2 states for speed stepping.

To fix the graphics, I use the following EFI string:

7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31

Other than USB3 not working (ports still work as USB2) and speed stepping, everything seems to be working.  Fingers crossed, I'm going to stress it this weekend and see how it goes.

Hope this helps somebody else out there.