Latitude E5430

driedger

I can't offer much help with that ... I haven't done any DSDT or kext patches for graphics - just used the EFI string I posted earlier with GraphicsInjector/GraphicsEnabler=No for the boot loader and graphics just work for me.

That EFI string you effectively set platform-id to 01660004 without video DSDT patch.   That id matches single port configuration with connection string

@0, 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 03 02 00 00 in Capri kext.  So it works, but do not expect HDMI to work.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok thanks! I put that kext in, and it still wouldn't boot. I read what you mentioned earlier in the post regarding 10.8.3 and replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext IOBluetoothFamily.kext IOAudioFamily.kext with the ones from your dropbox, and I am now able to boot!

Out of curiosity, what processor do you have? ..

With my dsdt.aml sleep should be working.   As for ssdt it was generated with the script from HP Probook installer (tonycrap.org) for i3-3120 (4 states)

That EFI string you effectively set platform-id to 01660004 without video DSDT patch.   That id matches single port configuration with connection string

@0, 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 03 02 00 00 in Capri kext.  So it works, but do not expect HDMI to work.

HDMI works, the string is for platform-id 01660003 - 2 ports, 2 pipes, 64MB.

HDMI works, the string is for platform-id 01660003 - 2 ports, 2 pipes, 64MB.

No way 01660003 would work on my 5430 without modification to Capri kext. (01660004 did work)

05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 is in 01660003 ig-profile-id

05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 02 - in 01660004   in unmodified file

This is very interesting.  Could you post your AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext?

No way 01660003 would work on my 5430 without modification to Capri kext. (01660004 did work)

05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 is in 01660003 ig-profile-id

05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 02 - in 01660004   in unmodified file

This is very interesting.  Could you post your AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext?

I haven't changed it, it's the stock kext from 10.8.3.  Out of curiosity, how much ram do you have installed, how much video ram do you end up with and what does BIOS report?  I'm 16GB / 512MB with BIOS at 64MB.

I haven't changed it, it's the stock kext from 10.8.3.  Out of curiosity, how much ram do you have installed, how much video ram do you end up with and what does BIOS report?  I'm 16GB / 512MB with BIOS at 64MB.

Strange that the 3 of us all seem to have different results as far as the graphics go. Platform Id 3 or 4 would not enable accelerated graphics with the stock capri kext from 10.8, 10.8.2, or 10.8.3. 

Nsemenov's capri.kext enables the HD4000 on 10.8 and 10.8.3 for me without a string, and just by using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Internal display and HDMI both work with this config.

I have the i7 3520M processor, 1600x900 HD Plus Display, and 1 4GB stick of RAM. My system reports 384MB of video RAM. 

Malone, did your system ship with 16GB ram, or did you upgrade it? I would like to go to 16GB ram, but I've read conflicting reports that 16GB is only available through Dell Configuration Services?

My fixed Capri and dstd make use of platform-id 9.  String is not needed because the dsdt patch sets platform id.  

4G are reporting 384MB Video, after upgrade to 8GB - 512MB.  This is pretty consistent throughout platforms.  64MB of stollen memory is fixed in BIOS and cannot be changed.  

I have a problem with HDMI so far that is why your results with id 3 gives me a hint.  Still there is a chance I got faulty hardware for in windows hdmi works only during driver install but does not after reboot.

nsemenov,

My system was able to boot with your dsdt, but I did not notice any difference in performance. Sleep still does not work with it, and it breaks audio, so I am running without a dsdt still.

Back in late January, Dinesh was helping me try to get a dsdt working, but we didnt have any luck enabling graphics after trying several different edits he made to a dsdt, so we assumed there was other problems. I broke my system when trying to update and just set it aside for awhile. It turns out that it was the capri kext that needed modification the entire time. I tried the dsdt and ssdt files he first sent me, and they boot for me as well, though sleep does not work with it either, and I also lose sound when using the dsdt. 

I think the SSDT files he sent over are working though? I still dont fully understand how the ssdt works, or even what other changes I might need to make when trying to use the dsdt. I think that ssdt's are for speed stepping, which I think are working. I can watch the processor change from 1.19ghz x12 up to 2.87ghz x29 multiplier.

Its hard to say for sure because I dont know how to test if everything else is working, but I think this is what remains for me to get working:

get sleep working
get sound working with dsdt

get multitouch / scrolling / gestures working on the touchpad. Scroll only works when holding both right&left buttons.

sd card slot, I haven't tried it but it doesnt matter much to me.

no audio over hdmi

usb3, dont know how to test as I dont have any usb3 devices

Please, try more recent dsdt (I just uploaded).   I think I redid some patches in middle march and sleep definitely works with it.

For an audio to work copy AppleHDADisabler.kext together with VoodooHDA.kext if you do not want to bother deleting AppleHDA.kext esp. after each system update.

Malone, did your system ship with 16GB ram, or did you upgrade it? I would like to go to 16GB ram, but I've read conflicting reports that 16GB is only available through Dell Configuration Services?

I upgraded it myself, it shipped with 4GB.   No issues at all.

Just to be clear, if you try using an EFI string for graphics, you must use a dsdt without graphics patches (which also means GraphicsEnabler=No).  EFI string + dsdt with edits for IGPU or GFXx = garbled screen.

On another note, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext works 50% of the time with original AppleACPIPlatform.kext (version 1.7) and almost always works if ignoring caches at bootup.  Strange.  If I can avoid rolling back ACPIPlatform I will.  Has anyone done dsdt battery edits to try to address this?  I've done some preliminary looking but haven't really pursued this yet.  It's one of the last things I would like to improve ...