Latitude E5430

driedger

Please, try more recent dsdt (I just uploaded).   I think I redid some patches in middle march and sleep definitely works with it.

For an audio to work copy AppleHDADisabler.kext together with VoodooHDA.kext if you do not want to bother deleting AppleHDA.kext esp. after each system update.

I tried your more recent dsdt last night and had the same results with sleep. When going to sleep, the screen turns off, but the fans keep humming away and keyboard and power button stay lit. Nothing will bring it back from this state and a hard reset is required.

The AppleHDADisabler.kext didn't work for me either, but deleting AppleHDA.kext got the audio working with the dsdt. I should have thought of that earlier.

I also just ordered an atheros AR5B95 wifi card. I had been using a Dlink DWA-131 usb wifi card, which has worked great for me in SL and Lion on my previous hack, and ML on this unit, but for $5 it would be nice to just have it built in and free up a usb port.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange that the 3 of us all seem to have different results as far as the graphics go. Platform Id 3 or 4 would not enable accelerated graphics with the stock capri kext from 10.8, 10.8.2, or 10.8.3. 

Nsemenov's capri.kext enables the HD4000 on 10.8 and 10.8.3 for me without a string, and just by using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Internal display and HDMI both work with this config.

I have the i7 3520M processor, 1600x900 HD Plus Display, and 1 4GB stick of RAM. My system reports 384MB of video RAM. 

Malone, did your system ship with 16GB ram, or did you upgrade it? I would like to go to 16GB ram, but I've read conflicting reports that 16GB is only available through Dell Configuration Services?

Hi. I used platform id4, via dsdt, the only one that worked. Then edit AppleIntel FramebufferCapri.kext. Now I'm able to get both HDMI and VGA ouput working though still working on changing the proper resolution.

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.zip

I tried your more recent dsdt last night and had the same results with sleep. When going to sleep, the screen turns off, but the fans keep humming away and keyboard and power button stay lit. Nothing will bring it back from this state and a hard reset is required.

Is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement loading as it should?  The behavior you describe is very similar to when NullCPUPowerManagement is used instead but without SleepEnabler.kext.  Read this thread for further info http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280733-sleep-issue-solved/

Hi. I used platform id4, via dsdt, the only one that worked. Then edit AppleIntel FramebufferCapri.kext. Now I'm able to get both HDMI and VGA ouput working though still working on changing the proper resolution.

Where exactly are changes, what id? I do not see any that I would expect.

What i meant was once you get your Intel HD4000 to work with the correct platform id, either with EFI injection or DSDT, the attached AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext that I've attached was hex-edited to enable VGA and HDMI output.

I have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in /S/L/E and had NullCPUPowerManagement in E/E but if I boot without NullCPU then I get a KP within a minute or 2 of booting. Sometimes it just locks up, other times I get a 'No HPETS available CPU(s) configured incorrectly'

I tried the AppleIntelCPU thats in your dropbox in case it was patched or modified but it did not make a difference for me. nsemenov, is your hardware identical to mine? my hw is detailed on post 1

I have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in /S/L/E and had NullCPUPowerManagement in E/E but if I boot without NullCPU then I get a KP within a minute or 2 of booting. Sometimes it just locks up, other times I get a 'No HPETS available CPU(s) configured incorrectly'

Are you using DSDT at all? Without it AICPUPM is liable to panic.  BTW HPET is enabled in BIOS and is patched in DSDT.

In case without dsdt SleepEnabler.kext NullCPUPM is needed to get it working.

What i meant was once you get your Intel HD4000 to work with the correct platform id, either with EFI injection or DSDT, the attached AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext that I've attached was hex-edited to enable VGA and HDMI output.[/url]

There is no "correct" platform-id that would work OOB for me and some other folks.  In theory 5430 that has BIOS hardcoded  64MB of stollen memory one must select from 2,3,8,9.  In practice id=4 worked for me but it has only one pipe and supposedly can only work for screen mirroring (no screen extention) so I have not pursued this path.  So my question remains what id have you used in dsdt or otherwise.

So far is not clear what connection strings are working for you and how (mirror, extended desktop)

Are you using DSDT at all? Without it AICPUPM is liable to panic.  BTW HPET is enabled in BIOS and is patched in DSDT.

In case without dsdt SleepEnabler.kext NullCPUPM is needed to get it working.

I am using your DSDT at the moment, but also tried the previous DSDT you had posted as well as my own. I never did try SleepEnabler.kext as I was hoping to get it working with the DSDT like your system. I might need to dive in a little deeper and try to learn how to edit my own DSDT. I've decompiled them and looked around, but Ive been a bit overwhelmed and lost and haven't found a good straight forward resource to learn from yet.

There is no "correct" platform-id that would work OOB for me and some other folks.  In theory 5430 that has BIOS hardcoded  64MB of stollen memory one must select from 2,3,8,9.  In practice id=4 worked for me but it has only one pipe and supposedly can only work for screen mirroring (no screen extention) so I have not pursued this path.  So my question remains what id have you used in dsdt or otherwise.

So far is not clear what connection strings are working for you and how (mirror, extended desktop)

My e5430 initially was using older BIOS version A07 and would only work with id platform 4 with no HDMI or VGA support but full QE/CI with 1600X900. Using the edited AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext, I was able to have VGA and HDMI output with id 4 with mirror mode in single screen only. After upgraded the bios to A10, I was only able to boot to screen with id platform 8 with available graphics RAM of 384MB. With modified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext as outlined earlier in this post, I was able to use id platform 3 with reported available graphics RAM of 512MB. However, I still only have VGA and HDMI output in mirror mode which works with single screen at one time. I also need to change the resolution of the monitor to 1024X768 with SwitchResX otherwise the whole screen won't fit. Do you have any solution to have extended screen mode possible? 

• Moderators

I am struggling to get 10.8.4 loaded on my e5430 i5 and am not really knowledgable to do too much, was wondering when there would be a boot pack available so I stood a fighting chance to get it to work

There's already a bootpack for this model here. Try the build and report back if you run into any issue.