My D620 Nvidia based laptop has gone belly up...

sipart

Ok so far Ive done 5 using the simple oven method same result works great ,. except  the other day one went bad on me ,about the same time a friends D630 went bad same issue . For me it turns out that bringing a warm laptop from inside the house out to the cold without a laptop bag or anything to protect it  from the elements is enough to crack the solder connection. So I dismounted them and back in the oven it went ,. this time I removed the blue heat pads that pretty much just crumbled away and replaced them with 2 pennys (I used 2 us pennys dated before 1980 when they used to be made of pure copper, the new ones are made of plated zinc) sanded the sided down as flat as I could , I added thermal grease from radio shack ,(the cheap $3 stuff that comes in a tube not the expensive artic silver )the pennies were slightly loose but once it heats up its as good as glue,. 

The fan i clean then spray it down with lubricant or WD40 and wipe clean

Then finally I had a roll of 3M flexible bandage tape thats kind of like a flexible thin foam material (left over from my surgery),. I taped the bottom of the MB where the problem is to better insulate it,.(i also use a small piece on the hard drive for a tighter fit (to protect from shock shock and to quiet it down some) and on the speaker where it makes contact with the keyboard as well as the fan (just in top of the shell,dont block any air flow ) 

Now runs ultra quiet,. been running it vigorously  then taking it outside at full cpu usage ,. so far stays cool and no issues

I also cover my lid with carbon fiber 3M di-noc (just for looks,. but when I disassemble the screen(there are two pieces of aluminum tape about 1"x3"  I tape a sheet of aluminium foil to it that covers the size of the back plate ,. that has increased my wifi signal at least 5 fold 

Some times you just gotta go ghetto,. and do what works out of simple rational conclusions , good luck,. with you adventure