Installation locks up!

MrM

This is what I found when I ran the log according to Bob's instructions:

============================

1 Jan 19 05:29:51 localhost LCA[302]: Bookmark failed to issue extension for this item (depth=4000): No such file or directory
1 Jan 19 05:30:01 localhost OSInstaller[315]: Bookmark failed to issue extension for this item (depth=4000): No such file or directory
1 Jan 19 05:30:04 localhost Unknown[303]: Keyboard Layouts: duplicate keyboard layout identifier -16899.
1 Jan 19 05:30:04 localhost Unknown[303]: Keyboard Layouts: keyboard layout identifier -16899 has been replaced with -28673.
1 Jan 19 05:30:04 localhost Unknown[303]: Keyboard Layouts: duplicate keyboard layout identifier -16900.
1 Jan 19 05:30:04 localhost Unknown[303]: Keyboard Layouts: keyboard layout identifier -16900 has been replaced with -28674.
1 Jan 19 05:32:08 localhost OSInstaller[315]: No recovery image found relative to distribution.
1 Jan 19 05:32:08 localhost OSInstaller[315]: PFPackage::packageWithURL - can't instantiate package: /System/Installaation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

=======================

It locked up after that last line.

(I set up the Bios exactly as the sugested url for the D630)

Any ideas?  I am searching the net to see how to resolve the instantiation of the installer

I'll definately do that,   I have to wait until Monday what the installing machine is available again (friends computer).

How can I verify that the usb installer is good?   Last time i followed the instructions step by step from the myhack site.

Thank you guys again.

MrM

• Administrators

Just so that you know, an alternative to you as last resort if you're not getting anywhere: Nawcom BootCD + temp SL installation. I do insist on 1) "alternative" and 2) "last resort" because it probably can/will appear as a complicated route. True, but it's guaranteed to get you there. The added trouble of course is that it requires you to have either a retail SL DVD or a restored image of retail SL on a USB stick, since Nawcom ModtCD is for Snow Leopard.

You'll find all the necessary details with a little search on the forum (I've detailed it several times). You would not be wrong to think of it as a complicated way to just build a myHack installer, but it's one guaranteed to get you there with a legit retail SL/L/ML copy if using a real Mac or a VM gets you nowhere.