Latitude E5530

macdelld830

Has anyone been able to use those Extra.xip files? I can get the 3MB one to open, but not the 42MB one, says its a bad zip file.

Trying to convert my Latitude E5530 into a hackintosh. Sort of a newbie at this, but I've been testing the myhack software. I currently have a VMware Workstation Mac OS X 10.8 loaded up, but wanted to has a native system.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I should also mention that I tried using the generic extra first. It finishes the install, but when I reboot it gives me an "Invalid partition table!" error. I looked that up and someone said to just hit enter, which I do, but then it goes to the gray mac screen with the spinning wheel and never boots.

Unfortunately I'm more of a windows guy, so I'm not really sure where to start :(

I downloaded the larger Extra.zip folder into my mac VM (was downloading it into my windows computer before) and was able to open that, but it hangs while booting to the install drive when I do that.

• Moderators

Unfortunately I'm more of a windows guy, so I'm not really sure where to start :(

I downloaded the larger Extra.zip folder into my mac VM (was downloading it into my windows computer before) and was able to open that, but it hangs while booting to the install drive when I do that.

What's the specs of your E5530 system? That boot pack might not be suitable for you system

CPU?

Display resolution?