Weird boot issue with D630 and SL/S/ML

dutchcow

I'm running 3 hackingtosh notebooks, but only my D630 (nvidia model with stock A18 bios, ahci hdd) is giving me a headache. I can install SL/S/ML fine and it will boot fine after initial installing but as soon as I install EDP on it it will not boot anymore. It loads the kernel and then stalls. No errors, no grey screens, it just stalls on something like:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 7440004 bytes

Then there is nothing. The weird thing however; when I boot from usb and select my newly installed SL/S/ML partition it boots fine and right after those above messages it will show something like "SMBIOS loaded". 

Things I've tried that didn't work (and yes I'm a noob):

- Install Extras from bootpack

- Install Extras from myHack (generic)

- Move Extras to install partition

- Move only the chameleon, bootlist, dsdt files over

Other than booting up usb first and then booting into my OSX is the only way right now. Surely this can be better? Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks~

Yes I install the EDP package after everything is installed and OSX has been booted up for the first time this is also before I install any combo updates. It installs fine then when I reboot I get the stalling. Booting from usb to the installed partition works fine. I've installed Lion+EDP on my D820 without a flaw today, it is just the D630 giving this issue on all 3 OSX flavours right after EDP.

I'm using a rebranded broadcom card in all my hackingtoshes, they work perfectly. I can only boot ignoring cashes or other options via the USB, anything done from chameleon on the hdd stalls... If only there was a way to log what is happening, it's just too weird!

I've also booted up without dsdt and generated one, also didn't help.