Can't restart/shutdown Lion or Mountain Lion.

dutchcow

• Administrators

Don't worry about the CPU reaching the 80°C, my T7500 does that too under heavy load. TJunction is 105°C, so there a large reserve before the CPU would auto-shutdown. The D630 will handle that CPU or T9xxx without problems. The fan might just get on at high speed more frequently.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went looking for a T9400 today, it is cheaper to buy a 2nd hand laptop with one than just the CPU. So I may pick me up an old HP ProBook they seem to go pretty cheap 2nd hand. I'd get one, swap the CPU and sell it onwards. Unless ProBooks also make great hackingtoshes like the Dell laptops do. I also managed to get Lion to work on an old 13" weird Asian branded C2D laptop, feels good!

Edit: Forgot to tick the "worldwide" box on ebay. Duh! Found some very nicely priced CPUs indeed, hopefully customs won't add too much tax on them, they are 2nd hand after all. Probably gonna get myself a T9400, which is still doable price wise. I don't want to burn holes in my pockets, and hopefully not the D630 with a faster CPU too  ^_^