Snow Leopard Video

jychuah

Hi, everyone.

I've got an E6400 with an Intel GMA graphics chipset. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 for legacy software compatibility reasons. I've installed the default EDP for the E6400. Unfortunately, I'm having a video issue. YouTube (and other) videos do not play at all, showing a black box where the video should be, and certain web pages cause the browser window for all browsers to freeze. I'm reasonably certain the pages that cause browsers to freeze have Flash in them.

Has anyone else seen the same behavior from the default EDP package? I've hackintoshed this laptop before without EDP and had snow leopard working with video, but alas - I can no longer find the DSDT or kext packages that I once used to get it working. There was a PDF guide that someone made for Snow Leopard on the E6400 that had links to those packages.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Hi,

First of all - welcome to OSXL.

The laptop you have is this one.. http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/latitude-e6400/pd .. is that correct ?

This laptop was made in two different models ... one with Nvidia graphics and one with Intel graphics.

NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 160M 256MB DDR2

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

The Intel model does not support QE/CI (Graphic acceleration) under OSX - basically because there is no driver made for that card by apple to begin with - on some machines, people have had a limited success to get it to work.

The nvidia model however should work fine..

So your option is:

1. Live with it
 2. Replace the laptop or replace the motherboard.