10.7 D430 Install problems

listofdemands

Hi all great site/community you've got going on here - This is my first post here and just wanted to see if I could get some help with my D430 build....

I've created my install USB as per the instructions on this site - OS X 10.7 and latest myHack as well as the D430 bootpack for 10.7. I've also amended my BIOS settings to the recommended ones in the D4xx forums.

The installation starts fine and prompts for the custom 'Extra' folder which I point to on my USB installation and from there it looks like it installs all the myHack extra's. After that there is no HDD activity (according to the LED) and it will just sit at 'Time Remaining: About a minute'. I can still move the mouse and the blue status bar is still animated so doesn't look like its completely frozen. I've left it for over an hour and still no change. Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what I should try from here? 

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  :)

• Administrators

Could be an issue with your HD.. i would suggest (despite being slow as *beep*) to connect a USB HD, install to that.. see if it works.. and then clone it to the internal HD