D820 Lion black screen (NVS110)

hfs3

Using all the latest files, I am able to successfully install Lion 10.7 using the myHack USB method. Post install booting with final settings also works well, as do subsequent reboots. However, when I run EDP (configuration, fixes) and reboot, the display goes black after the apple boot screen. Everything is working (sound, etc.), just black display. If I boot using the myHack stick and select the internal drive, all goes well - after apple boot screen, the display turns white, then grey, then login screen.

I have tried reformatting (erasing, 1 pass zeroes) and reinstalling Lion, but to no avail.

Any ideas how to get out of this?

• Administrators

Mmm, could be a Chameleon version issue, it may not support the NVS110m. Can you try and re-install an older Chameleon, say v2.1 v1791 (that used to be provided by EDP)? Check for FileNVRAM in /Extra/modules and move if present before rebooting.

I'll check the latest Cham version on my D620 nVidia (NVS110m) tonight and report back, but I think I already upgraded to Cham v2169 or thereabout...

Herve,

I ran a fresh install, no EDP, so still using the 820 driver pack for the myHack install. Running 10.7 now, Just installed Chameleon Wizard 4.1.2, which shows the drive formatted like this:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 | Chameleon 2.1 | myHack 3.2

Build date: 2012-05-09 09:08:50

It doesn't show the latest version of Chameleon, does it? I'm going to try installing r1791 to see what happens next.

Henry

• Administrators

I'm on my D620 nVidia NV110m right now, a system extremely similar to the D820 and I'm running Cham v2.2 r2170, so these recent versions are Ok with nVidia card. In the boot plist, you should have GraphicsEnabler activated and, possibly, some long chain in Device Properties at the bottom.

Assuming things look Ok at the moment, take a backup of your /Extra folder somewhere before running EDP. You would then be able to restore current Chameleon boot plist, SMBIOS plist or DSDT, in case something went wrong...

You could also try to simply update Chameleon through dropbox to rule in/out Cham version.

I don't believe it is a Chameleon issue. Changing the revision level has no effect on booting before or after configuring EDP (works fine without EDP, doesn't with EDP). On a whim, I installed the 620 drivers via EDP and all is well. So, I have to assume something is amiss with the d820 EDP setup.